MV with 37.5gr RL15 in 6.5x47?

brown dog

Out yesterday with my 6.5x47 launching 123scenars over 37.5grs RL15.

Firstly, to anyone who saw my early load development attempts, this load has indeed proved to be sensationally, infact ridiculously accurate.

When I chrono'd it back then it meaned at 2870fps. That's fine, but none of my data seemed to be a perfect fit, and I found myself taking one or 2 clicks off at various ranges.

Re-chrono'd it yesterday (with a different chrono) and it meaned 2913fps; I'm not looking for any mystery reason for this, a 1.5% instrumental error is well within tolerance - but low and behold at 2913 all my data is an absolutely spot on fit.

This load really is doing 2913.

But my question is this:

What MV are all you other users of a 123 scenar over 37.5grs RL15 getting? Just mildly interested in seeing where it means :rolleyes:

TerryH is getting 2880 (I don't know the temp)

I'm getting 2913 (at 20degC)

Also wondering if anyone has the load chrono'd at a variety of temps with the same chrono? (Interested in seeing fps change per degC)

Hi BD,

I am also running at 2914,,, my chrono stated 3000fps with 38.5 grains of re15, 123 scenars????

Glens chrono stated 2914????,,, I did some charts for this and i have never looked back since!!!

The load is a bit hard on the brass but the rifle likes it and the results are very good.....

BD, If you are getting the same results with less powder all the better,, your brass should last a long time,,

and if you anneal then you will get a lot of reloads for you pound :D

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the 6.5x47,, Awesome B)

There is a lot of good reading over on 6br at the moment as there is a lot of people using the 47 now!!!!

All the best Darrel ;)

I'll let you know when I get mine! Have varget, 120 noslers, brass, primers and a vacant slot - just need the bloody rifle!

what would be a good starting load for the varget and 120gb ballistic tips??

Andy's data ties in with mine- I get 2940 with 38 of Varget behind the Scenar in a 27" barrel.

Accuracy I can more than live with.

We did some test shooting on the (beta version) electronic targets at our new fullbore range last Saturday. We were just group shooting at 300yds to test the target system [which still isn't spot on accuracy-wise :( ] and mine shot a 1.8" 9-shot group without any wind correction. The rear rest I had was improvised and wobbly so I can't complain.

Chris-NZ

Archived