Any users of Suunto Vector watch??

Ive owned one for about 10 years. I bought it for use in alpine climbing and found all of the functions to be very accurate with the info they were giving me. The altitude data was particularly impressive as i regularly checked the watch against known heights and found it accurate within a few metres in most cases.I still wear it everyday and signs of wear and tear are beginning to show but it still functions as well as it did when i bought it. The Bezel did lose its detent after a few years and now it just spins freely, apart from that ive had no other problems.The watch comes with a very good and rather large manual.

Dan

Used them on various courses. My observation - they're bleedin massive. Great for what they're designed for, but too big for double duty as an everyday watch.

Mick - drop me a PM if you want to sell your unloved one (vector?)

I also had one..but found using the controls daily soon drained the battery..so now sits in my drawer at home dead.

Mick

True, but at least the batteries are cheap, easy to get hold of and easily changed in a couple of minutes.

Ran a Vector for a few years before loosing it to my wife - great watch with no issues, I 'upgraded' to an X9Mi and the strap fell apart at 6 months, Suunto service is good and they collected it, repaired it and returned it free of charge in under a week. It fell apart again, service 100% as before. It fell apart AGAIN! Service was a bit slow but they mailed me a shiny new X10mi which I promptly eBlagged and got myself a Seiko which ticks most of the boxes.

Suunto are very good watches and the Vector is bomb proof, probably best to avoid the Mi models though.

Used them on various courses. My observation - they're bleedin massive. Great for what they're designed for, but too big for double duty as an everyday watch.

Mick - drop me a PM if you want to sell your unloved one (vector?)

Mine is not the vector model BD its the Core model..this one in link..but still has everything the vector has.

http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/suunto_core_black/

Mick

Archived