How to change colour of a moderator ?

I have have an S5 and a S7 Ase Utra moderators both come in a brushed steel finish, but would like to get the colour changed to a mat black finish to suit the rifles the go on. (AE MK III - .308 & AWSM - .338)

Ideally I would like the finish to be the same as the mat black that appears on the Jet Z Compact.

What options are available ?

Kind Regards

Rob

I have have an S5 and a S7 Ase Utra moderators both come in a brushed steel finish, but would like to get the colour changed to a mat black finish to suit the rifles the go on. (AE MK III - .308 & AWSM - .338)

Ideally I would like the finish to be the same as the mat black that appears on the Jet Z Compact.

What options are available ?

Kind Regards

Rob

Hi

Seem to recall that Global rifle were offering a coating service in matt black, sent one of my mods for them to coat as a sample and was quite impressed with the finish.

regards

Colin

Have you still got the AE mk11 6.5x47 as well?

As for coating I would give the ceracoat a go. I have been most impressed on the items I have coated. Ceracoat appears to deal with heat better than owt else I have tried.

Still have the AE MK II 6.5x47 and use the Jet Z Compact on that - I've been over the moon with that calibre.

Got the AE MK III .308 to replace the old AE MK I .308 - main reason being increased mag capacity for comp shooting & had really liked the folding stocks of my 6.5x47 MK II & the .338 AWSM.

Have you got any in black ?

Regards

Rob

I have ceracoat on the flutes of my stalking rifle and pic rails of my Lawtons, it hasn't shown wear from firing at the muzzle or mounting and de-mounting my scopes as I am still one scope down and swap around. I have duracoat on my stalking rifle bolt which shows a little wear, it doesn't feel as bonded under hand as the ceracoat if that makes sence.

I am planning on having the TRG ceracoated after a barrel chop, pending having the balls for the chop it just shoots so well @ 26" with muzzle brake do I need to chop :D

I must ask why the extra mod? a 6.5 and .30 cal mod would suit both rifles IMHO. Or am I just a cheap ass mofo.....

Ceracoat is an excellent finish, when the 2 pack variety is used, and its baked on. The single pack air dry stuff isn,t worth a toss. I,ve had a load of bits in recently that were thus, and the paint literally fell off [what was still attached ] in the shotblaster.

Duracoat is perfectly good enough for mods when baked on properly.

I,ve never had any paintwork back since i started painting, due to wear, flaking, cracking etc. They all work when correctly applied. ;)

Archived