sightron reveiw

gunnery

right here we are so far bought the new sightron scope to-night so i thought i would do a little reveiw if thats the right word to use i went for the new 6-24x50 moa reticle tactical turrets i intend to mount it into 30mm third eye tactical rings sitting on top of my 20tac but for the mean time i have been down to my local farm which iam accustom to as regards distances and just sat the scope on top of a back bag just to see how good they are for light gathering looking down the track which i know is 190yrds to the bottom i waited till light faded to the point of where my eyes could not see the end of the track looked through the scope set on 12 times mag it was really good if i went to 8 times mag it was exceptional no problem seeing the new moa reticle and remember this was without a lamp early days yet but i must say it looks very promising to say the least is it any better than my other scopes ie bender, zeiss i would have to be honest and say no but it is on parr with them and how do you better a zeiss, or bender but in its favour dont forget this scope is only £840 half the price of the others mentioned tracking wise and return to zero not tested it yet as it is not mounted on rifle yet just wanted to let you know about glass quality very good indeed i will right a short reveiw when tested fully thanks for reading my reveiw.

I shot at the side of John [the importer ] at a fly shoot a couple of years ago. Both of us were using 8-32 x 56 scopes. Mine, a nightforce, his a sightron. I couldn,t quite make out 6.5 bullet holes on my target, but i could make out 6mm holes on johns, which was 3 feet to one side, through his sightron. The glass is undoubtedly better than a nightforce, but i wouldn,t say as good as the german lenses personally.

Its a standing joke between John and i, that i tell him they would sell a lot more scopes if they changed the gold paint on the turrets to white, because it looks cheap.

I had a look at one at phoenix.

As soon as I've saved up enough for one I shall be getting one. Very impressed. Don't know why someone hasn't produced a 'MOA dot' sooner

Dave i agree about the gold paint but you do get a cap when you buy one ha ha ha but i think what they cost as got to be a winner i only purchased it for 20tac 400-500yrds vermin blasting and lamping cant see there being much trouble with them i am in the proccess of mounting it on rifle to give it a proper go just hope all this talk about them the price stays the same ? :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

i have just returned from scotland where i have been foxing using .20tac with sightron scope mounted on top my findings with the sightron with use of lightforce lamp combination is the optics where very clear i would say as good as nightforce for foxing the scope would have been better if it was a luminated ret but after saying that i had no trouble finding target in pitch black conditions the reticle on my scope is on the fine side which i was awere of when i purchased it but i needed a scope on the 20tac which i could use in daytime for long range crow bunnie bashing so it had to be fine cross hair for that as well as foxing under lamp while in scotland it gave me the oppertunity to test at ranges from 120yrds to 270 yrds under lamp no problems to report the scope did not fog up any more or any worse than any other scope i have used.all in all a good scope for money is it as good as night force optical wise i would say yes.

Im with Dave on this aswell, during the Creedmore cup in June here in Ireland I met the importer John who gave me a look at the Sightrons for the first time. I noticed exactly what Dave described, looking at the target at 1000 yards we could clearly see the strikes which we couldnt with the Nightforce. Excellent scopes at affordable prices, I think we're going to see a lot more shooter using Sightron from now on.

I have the 8-32x56 30mm tube, moa dot reticle, glass wise very good indeed as good if not better glass than my nightforce, in my opinion the only thing that would improve it would be a luminated dot, having said that I am very pleased with it and good value for the money.

Tony.

thanks for the review guys good to hear for those of us thinking bout a new scope down the line

would really like to hear how the sightron is for dialling out and return to zero....wether its bang on repeatedly or needs dicking bout with etc....

glass maybe be better than nightforce but they do have a cracking reputation for dialling and returning to zero everytime and of course quite robust / well built for taking a bang form those of us who may be more on the clumsy side!!

hope to hear more bout it and whats it s like

any links to info on em or website for purchasing etc?

sauer/paul

Brown Dog sorry what i meant by fogging up is when you are on the back of a truck on a damp misty night in scotland you look through scope and externally there is a mist on the outside of lense and on some scopes which i have owned in the past you are constantly wiping the lense some more than others the sightron seems to be slightly clearer than most i have owned in this manner hope that makes sense

Alan i would say they must have improved there tactical turrets on my model because they are pretty tight on the clicks and have a positive feel to them

Sauer if you go onto johns web page you can read all about them AIM FEILDSPORTS

Archived