ACPO Guielines on Storage of Shooters Powder

Ronin

Gents

I recieved this from a mate yesterday, i haven't had time to read it fully, but here is the relevant link:

http://www.basc.org.uk/media/mser_guide_v_2_6.pdf

It may be an idea to have a read....

Thanks for that Ronin, but as usual with BASC/ACPO/HSE, you have to dig about, to find the actual LAW in there, the crafty bastards. The first page is telling people to take their tickets to buy powder "even though its not law" if people do this, it soon bloody well will be. How about they get off their arses, and actually catch some terrorists, instead of bullying shooters again?

your average raghead jihaddist, uses fertiliser, not Hogdons finest. They boil my piss, they really do. ;)

Yep, i,ve just driven all the way to strensall, after getting up at 5 this morning, laid on the mat, started unzipping the gun, and the heavens opened and soaked me to the skin [forgot the waterproofs] so i had to come home, to a day,s wallpapering instead............aaaaaarrrrghhhh ;)

Baldie is spot on, do not produce your ticket for powder or it will become a requirement on the basis that everyone does anyway. Same about listing authorities on a renewal, dont, not legally required to. Give the info verbally to the FEO on his visit.

A

It makes my blood boil that BASC, an organisition that is supposed to represent shooters needs can sit at the same table as ACPO, a group of self opinionated senior police officers who think they have the right to make the laws, rather then enforce them, who's ultimate goal (under the instruction of the Home Office) is to restrict shooting as much as possible ;)

Appalling ;);)

Ian

Ive said it before and will repeat it BASC is all about well paid jobs for the boys on completeing their degrees in whatever, followed by freebie days shooting here and there, you lot are just required to pay your subs and keep quiet.

Me I dont need them, I am in three organisations all of whom provide insurance cover and support when needed, at a sensible cost too.

The man said "B%%ger Bognor", I say "B%%ger B$%C" ;)

Fancy agreeing to a charge of £149 to store more than 5Kg of nitro powder too, that is ridiculous!

Redfox

I have now read that our glorius NRA, having heard that the MOD intend to reduce the muzzle energy requirements on gallery ranges under their control, have jumped the gun and held a meeting with the MOD and tabled reccomended energy levels that will suit the majority of their members!!! ;);)

how the f**k are we supposed to survive when our national bodies are selling us down the river like this. ;);)

Ive said it before and will repeat it BASC is all about well paid jobs for the boys on completeing their degrees in whatever, followed by freebie days shooting here and there, you lot are just required to pay your subs and keep quiet.

Me I dont need them, I am in three organisations all of whom provide insurance cover and support when needed, at a sensible cost too.

The man said "B%%ger Bognor", I say "B%%ger B$%C" ;)

Fancy agreeing to a charge of £149 to store more than 5Kg of nitro powder too, that is ridiculous!

Redfox

I have got to agree with you redfox regarding basc i changed over to the ngo a couple of years ago after years of basc and wagbi, it took me to long to work out that they are just politicions in tweed!!

Yep me too, I get no bullsh*t from the NGO and no money raising little memos every week.

Our whole sport is under threat and all these people do is promote THEIR OWN interests in the belief that the plebs may be banned but not "true gentlemen " like themselves. All I can say is see this digit, swivel!

Redfox

Guest 308Panther

And here I thought the Brady Bill was a pain in the a+s!

Nice to see that they really didnt define what is "bulk"

in the paragraph on page 2...even tho it is worded more for the

retailer needing an RCA.

Loved the flow chart on page 17....Um,usually there is a place to start in most but this

one starts with the word No

If the answer to the question is no, before ya can even ask then why bother payin them a cent.

What good are they.

Page 2 Home loading...If you load or reload sporting ammunition for your own use, you do not require an RCA document in respect any of the components of that ammunition (excluding black powder) where you acquireand transport it to the place you will make up the ammunition.

This is nothing more than a scare tactic...the first sentence says it all.

This document was written with the idea of bein used when the roll of

piano paper was used up in the sh+thouse

And as far as that goes the IRA can make a better bomb outta Bisquick

then the muslims can outta fertilizer and diesel fuel.

Volunteer Nothing.

308Panther

An RCA doc is needed to move explosives and the way I read the requirements is also needed by anyone who transports powder as part of their usage. Ie loading at a range or in the field. Considering it is free just get one.

The man said "B%%ger Bognor", I say "B%%ger B$%C" :lol:

Redfox

Are you a member of the NRA then?

Archived