Tactical rifle specification

Ballistol

Currently trying to finalise a spec for a tactical style bolt action rifle that I can approach a gunsmith with for a price/delivery. Typical use would be with heavier bullets with high BC out to 600 maybe even 1000yds.

Fixed in my mind that I want a dedicated left hand rifle with 10 shot magazine:-

What are people using or recommend using regards a left handed action?

What are people using or recommend using regards a left handed stock?

Can't make my mind up on calibre either .243AI or .260Rem?

Any thoughts or opinions appreciated. :D

Stiller predator - feeds from aics 5 or 10 round mag

McMillan - A2

I'm left handed and this is basically my rifle spec with a Lothar barrel except mine is .308

My own Valkyrie action is available, off the shelf , in left hand, repeater, pinned lug, tactical bolt knob etc.

I also have left hand manners stocks, with dbm etc in stock.

Forget the 243AI, go .260 on a tactical rifle, its pretty much unbeatable. It can cope with a wide variety of bullet weights, and is simplicity itself to load. It also feeds flawlessly.

My own Valkyrie action is available, off the shelf , in left hand, repeater, pinned lug, tactical bolt knob etc.

I also have left hand manners stocks, with dbm etc in stock.

Forget the 243AI, go .260 on a tactical rifle, its pretty much unbeatable. It can cope with a wide variety of bullet weights, and is simplicity itself to load. It also feeds flawlessly.

A one-stop shop :)

Have to say it would be nice to build a 'UK' sourced rifle. Add a Border barrel and third eye mounts to Baldies action and you are there all bar the stock and if one of those is in stock then happy days.

i have a left hand barnard 07 in .260 built by barnard in there factory can be veiwed on there web site 10 shot mag flawless loading so smooth you cant feel the bullet enter the chamber 26"trueflight match barrel jewel trigger shoots 123grn scenars very accurate imported through fox firearms very nice tactical rifle lovely to shoot after saying all that dave (baldie) on this site makes a great rifle but i am very pleased with the barnard hope this helps.

can't comment about stock or action because i'm normal :lol: although i would aggree the stock needs to be ambi dextrous on a tactical build

calibre is easy , 260 rem

Another vote for the 260, they are fairly kind to barrels and the one I watched being used Saturday was happy at 1200 yards and blindingly accurate at 800. Not sure I would swap a 6,5-284 for one unless I was shooting a lot more through it.

Thanks for the info guys, seems like .260 gets the nod. :D

Stock seems more problematical, although I agree on the ambidextrous comments.

I've already got an AICS which fits quite well, but how easy is it to get a left hander and does anyone have any opinions on the new AX stock from Accuracy International?

Archived