Muzzle brake indentification

Hi

Can anyone confirm that this is an accuracy int muzzle brake?The rfd who sold me the rifle it was on said it was and that they were quite an expensive item to buy but i want to confirm this as i have threaded the rifle in question and so the brake will be for sale now,any ideas on price?

Thanks in advance

post-2117-045867800 1306598300_thumb.jpg

post-2117-046476500 1306598349_thumb.jpg

id say it was off an Sako TRG but the more knowledgable will tell you if im wrong

id say it was off an Sako TRG but the more knowledgable will tell you if im wrong

It's either a TRG/Blaser brake ...or it's an anglo rifles brake that copies the design.

Only time I've ever seen one on an AW was on mine which I sold a couple of months ago.

Where did you buy the AW?

If you can confirm 100% that it's threaded 18x1 and has no rust; I'll give you £45 for it.

(TRG brakes are 18x1, but AWs are threaded 18x 1.5)

The brake has no threads in it,i think it just clamps onto the muzzel.It came off a remmy 308 pss i bought and then had threaded for a mod.The hole for the barrel is .820" across,does this sound right?

Thanks for the replys

The brake has no threads in it,i think it just clamps onto the muzzel.It came off a remmy 308 pss i bought and then had threaded for a mod.The hole for the barrel is .820" across,does this sound right?

Nope. I'm afraid that sounds like a TRG brake that someone has bodged and ruined.

The TRG muzzle brake is threaded design, the clamp screw is only designed to stop it rotating and undoing itself; it's not designed to hold it on without threads.

With the threads removed and it opened out to the dimension you give (20mm), I'm sorry to say that I think you have a piece of scrap metal on your hands.

Have to aggree with BD, looks like a TRG / Blaser brake that some kind soul has bored out the threads on.....

Unless you have a large diameter barrel that can be threaded with something the brake will accept - its scrap...

No way would I use a brake with just a clamp screw.....

Looks like i have a nice paper weight then!Hard to believe that some a###hole actually put this into a lathe and bored the threads out rather than threading the barrel!Pity too because a mate of mine shoots a trg and i am sure he would have liked to try this on his rifle.

Thanks for the responses guys

Archived