Pigeon Potted

sir-slots-alot

Hi Chaps.

A little video taken a few days ago.

The pigeon was ranged at 430 yards - The wind was the problem - cutting across at 3 oclock but changiing both strength and direction.

My windmeter confirmed a 15 pmh wind ( gusting over 21 mph )

I waited for a slight lull before touching off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE5tv02uWLA

Hope you like.

ATB

Al

Lovely shooting ;)

When the camera pans out the shooting position I thought looked further than 400 odd yards.

How much wind were you holding for when you actually fired the shot? i.e. during the lull.

I'm struggling with wind estimation, my windmeter reading seems to be a fairly poor indicator of the actual wind effect I'm going to get downrange, maybe the lulls are deeper than I imagine. Do you have any advice for relative newbies?

Great shot, looks like an impossible shot in that wind to me!

How much wind were you holding for when you actually fired the shot? i.e. during the lull.

I'm struggling with wind estimation, my windmeter reading seems to be a fairly poor indicator of the actual wind effect I'm going to get downrange, maybe the lulls are deeper than I imagine. Do you have any advice for relative newbies?

Great shot, looks like an impossible shot in that wind to me!

Hi Dogge.

I made allowance for a full value 15 mph cross wind.

The wind meter was showing an avaerage between 13 mph - 17 mph - but rising to about 26mph in the gusts.

Ignore the gust - and concentrate on the steady wind. Just a matter of waiting untill the wind settles.

Nice when they come off

ATB

Al

Archived