Press

Orka Akinse

I'm in the market for a new reloading press and was thinking about making the investment into a RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme bench reloading press. Simples....

That was until I was advised to consider a Lee hand held press by a good friend.

Apart from the obvious cash price difference would you share your views on the above, I would really appreciate any experience or advice you may have on this topic.

To assist, I have just had my 6.5 re-barreled with a S/S super match Pacnor barrel and am looking to use it both for stalking and reaching out to 800 - 1000yds ish.

Thanks in advance

I have only been reloading for about year and use a bench mounted press, i could not imagine loading large amounts (say more than 20 at a time) of rounds using a hand held press, but I'm not that experienced.

I always assumed the Lee hand-held press was for use at the range or in emergency, not a substitute for a bench-mounted press: for control and power you cannot beat the latter. The RCBS presses have always been well regarded and I use one myself (not the Rockchucker, next one down, cast iron, can't recall its designation) but if I wanted to buy a new press now I'd get the Redding Ultramag and/or a Forster Co-ax.

Tony

I have both

The RCBS is one of the better bench presses for its money I belive and mine has given me 10yrs of service with no probs

I also aquired the Lee hand press about 3yrs back and its ideal for load development can be taken down the range with all other components and prepped brass and load away what ever you need and never have to think 'wish i'd loaded another three of those' I even load 300 win mag with the hand press

bench press is better if doing quantities of rounds, hand press is a little more fiddly but very workable

both work well and either will do the job with more flexability from the hand press

Ian

Archived