LYMAN 1200 problem

nell

As topic,yesterday i was dropping 31grs of varget,it would wiegh out and display 31grs bleep, show how many had been dropped,then go back to wieght display that was now anything between 31.1 and 31.5grs......

Anybody experienced similar,or got any good ideas??????

Thank in advance

Nell

I also have the lyman but my first set went back to tim hannams for a replacement because

the weight wandered all the time.

I must say my second set is spot on but quite often throws a heavy charge especially

when it is weighing large stick powders but i can always tell it has by watching it

viht N560 is a nightmare .

The only thing i can recommend doing is taking it to bits as per instructions and

give it a good clean with the anti static wipes.

I have never used varget so i am unsure of the kernal size so you could also

screw in the little black restrictor plug and give that a try if you havnt already

done so.

I used a Lyman digital set of scales up until last year when I was having the same problems as youreself.

Mine wasnt a 1200 model though, mine is just the scales without the dispenser.

Got fed up trying different things and having to check them every 10 rounds r so so I bought myself a set of rcbs 10-10 scales and have never looked back!!!

My ammo is very consistent and my ES has shrunk considerably! Would highly recommend them!

Garry

Thanks guy's,a member on another site suggested the possibility of a draught causing the problem, which it could be as my bench is in the attic which is stinking hot in this weather so had the velox open....... will try agian.....

Any scale be it mechanical or electronic is very susceptable to dratfs due to the fact that they measure very small amount accuratly so apart from building a vaccume box it will always be a problem to be aware of

Ian

Got a set myself.........

Im using varget, and chucking 24 grain loads.

It does occasionaly wander, but this is down to what I believe it variations in the room.

Ie a draught, I tend to load in the kitchen, keep the doors closed etc, but if someone does come in, then I find it will alter a bit.

I tend to give it a few seconds after its beeped to make sure the load is consistent,,,,anything that IM not happy with gets chucked back into the powder tube and its run again.

If getting a lot of variations, check your room, a mate used to load in his shed with a heater blowing and his digi scales were all over the place, when he then turned the heater off, it went back to wieghing consistently.

Always calibrate it, its a 20 min wait or what ever, but worth it, and then if its throwing inconsistencies, just quick calibrate it again.

I love my Lyman Scales...........a steal with a reloading press, some other bobs at 150 quid.........CHEERS...

Archived