Jard T3 Triggers

brown dog

Not used them on a t3. Have used the sako ones and also the remmy ones.

Most were unsafe.

They are also running the risk of prosecution shipping out of the states. I see they "only ship one at a time" that makes no difference to the fact that triggers are ITAR regulated, and require an export license.

Dasherman spent a lot of time trying to get one to work safely on my Sako75 III.... gave up in the end as it was either no better than the original factory trigger or it had a tendency to slam fire. Reverted to a really good tune of the factory trigger which is safe, reliable and crisp to release. Its not a Jewel, but for a stalking rifle it is very good now.

I am not aware of any other feasible options, except from a rumour on Snipers Hide about a trigger thats being made in Germany somewhere, but no reports on how good or otherwise it is in reality.

See the link .... if you speak German that is : http://www.bixn-andy.at/abzuege.php

Best

Peter

Dasherman spent a lot of time trying to get one to work safely on my Sako75 III.... gave up in the end as it was either no better than the original factory trigger or it had a tendency to slam fire. Reverted to a really good tune of the factory trigger which is safe, reliable and crisp to release. Its not a Jewel, but for a stalking rifle it is very good now.

I am not aware of any other feasible options, except from a rumour on Snipers Hide about a trigger thats being made in Germany somewhere, but no reports on how good or otherwise it is in reality.

See the link .... if you speak German that is : http://www.bixn-andy.at/abzuege.php

Best

Peter

What ever Andy makes is of highest quality.

I had that trigger in my hands once. I think it is more target orientated.

We can hope Recknagel starts making triggers for the more common rifles.

edi

• 5 months later...

Hi Matt,

I've never had any personal experience of Jard triggers but reviews of them in the US are mixed. Some people swear by them, others swear at them! A gunsmith friend of mine in the States puts Jard way down the list after Jewell, Shilen, Bold or Timney. It depends on who makes a trigger for your particular type of action or the desired configuration - single or double stage, side safety or not,

Best regards

Alan

Archived