Hensoldt 10x42

Devil_bri

I have been offered a Hensoldt 10x42 scope for a very small price. If I do take it, it will eventually put on a 308 for both range and stalking.

Anyone had any experience of them or know anything about them ??

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Hendsolt are the military division of zeiss, great glass and built like a tank.

the 10x42 is paralax free and will make a great stalking scope. I prefer a little more mag out to 500 yds but can hit fig 11's with ease.

At the right price its worth a try. I doubt would loose any money.

Worthwhile buy, very good optics and bombproof.

If its is good cond and you paid less than £500 you got a bargain.

If you decide not to buy, may I add myself to the list for prospective purchasers - I love 10x42's

Just work soooo well for stalking rifles..... :)

I have been offered a Hensoldt 10x42 scope for a very small price. If I do take it, it will eventually put on a 308 for both range and stalking.

Anyone had any experience of them or know anything about them ??

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

:lol: Just googled hensoldt 10x42 -you've asked the exact same question on about 4 forums - do tell us where you get the best answer :rolleyes:

Anyway, looking at it, I'm guessing this is exactly the same scope as a ZF10x42. Which puts it in the same era as the Steyr SSG. Old tech, so don't think you're getting a modern Hensoldt. Is the reticle centred?

10x42 - years back I was able to borrow what I'd describe as a S&B PM1 ; it was a fixed 12x42. I found the inability to dial down annoying for stalking.Not sure how that is with a 10x42 -might be a happy medium, might be stuck annoyingly high for close-in situations. (Don't know how close Ronin gets! :lol: )

Regardless, low-light performance will be pump.

6x is the optimum mag for light performance on a 42mm optic.

Anything over that and you're dimming in poor light.

BD

wasnt goin to mention the multi forum question...

As you know, I use a SB PM 10x42 for alot of stalking - mainly deciduous woods and open pastureland - shots from 30 mtrs to a bit further...

Ive never had issue with low light with the PM, neither have I issue with multiples and high mag.

Kind or mentaly prep shot sequence beforehand - works for me anwyay.

I would certainly be interested in the Henny, would make a good scope for a tactical(ish) 308...I have in mind.

:lol: Just googled hensoldt 10x42 -you've asked the exact same question on about 4 forums - do tell us where you get the best answer :rolleyes:

Had to do it just to see :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Devilbri put us out of our misery and tell us which is the most active forum?

Best reply so far.... pigeon watch

I want as many opinions as possible ! Hence 4 different sites..... I like to do some research before I buy anything

Yup, an owner describing old tech, poor mag choice close in, and sub-optimal in low light. ....wait a minute; what did I write?

Do ask more questions; I'll be queueing up to help. :blink:

I would certainly be interested in the Henny, would make a good scope for a tactical(ish) 308...I have in mind.

Blimey, I wouldn't unless it was gift-priced. Unless I'm pinging the wrong scope, this is yesterday's technology. Old coatings, coarse clicks (is the ret centred?) 3 post ret (which encourages missing high in low light). No parallax adj. These are the scopes people sell on after tiring of them on SSGs. The fellow on pigeon watch states that it outperforms zeiss and S&B; ummm I think that needs qualification with which zeiss and S&B he's comparing it with. Unusual to say the least to think of a late 70s military optic out-performing modern civilian sporting optics in any way.

Is it worth £100 ?

Someone will rip your arm off at that price old tech or not. If you can buy it at that price do it, you should be able to easily double your money.

A

Someone will rip your arm off at that price old tech or not. If you can buy it at that price do it, you should be able to easily double your money.

A

Agreed! £100 fulfils my definition of 'gift priced'.

I was hoping for mildot and around ten yrs old......at giveaway price.

Not three post and thirty...... :lol: :lol: :D

• 1 month later...

Archived