Shipping Firearms

Tikka

I tried them WSM, but apparently Parcelforce will only ship RDF to RFD, or so the Ts & Cs on their website say.

If the RFD in question has an account with Parcelforce they will pick it up from you for delivery to his registered address on his say so.

Hope this helps

If the RFD in question has an account with Parcelforce they will pick it up from you for delivery to his registered address on his say so.

Hope this helps

last time i asked/ read the leaflet royal mail would ship, but the parcel had to contain RFD copy's / or DTI paperwork if going international. sporting goods only

hope this helps

ATB

Colin :D

I think that Parcelforce have recently changed and they no longer carry firearms, I read something about it in this months Target Sports (i'll dig it out and confirm)

You could try TNT, they do carry firearms, the fee was £18 insured for under £500 (or something like that) and £25 above £500 value. Last time I used them was over 12 months ago though.

Hi All

This is a 'nightmare topic'.... as Col48 will testify in my own case. TNT will not pick up from and individual or accept firearms at their depots. In my experience wiith sending one of my rifles to Callum, for instance' he as an RFD was able to instruct TNT to collect from my residence and deliver to him direct. That worked as he has an account with TNT for that.

To get the Sako to Germany..another story altogether... in the end it was posted , quite legitimately, as Col describes, to him as an RFD and he shipped it to Germany - UK RFD to German RFD. BUT to find out about it took me ages and no one seems to really know, as the courier companies change their policies weekly, or so it appeared.

To get the Sako back, I shall go to Germany in person with a Euro Firearms Passport and pick it up. That works!

IF anyon e finds a legal and secure way of shipping Firearms , I for one would love to hear about it .

Thats my My tuppence worth anyway !

ATB

T260

I dont know where, or from whom, the mag in question got their information about parcelforce from, but i would think parcelforce would have told all the gun dealers [ourselves included] that they would no longer carry firearms. They havent said anything, and gunshops are still shipping with them. They were told in no uncertain terms, that they could not stop shipping firearms, by the ombudsman, only a few months ago.

TNT will not pick up, or deliver to, a private address, it has to be buisness premises only. TNT are excellent with firearms and ammunition, they are the only section 5 courier in the uk, and the only one recommended by the gun trade association.

Page 7 (bottom rhs column) October's edition of Target Sports.

Small piece; "Parcelforce has taken the decision to refuse to carry any form of weapons - without informing any of its business users in the trade. To add confusion, neither www.parcelforce.com nor www.royalmain.com web sites have been updated, showing both the old and the new conditions of carriage"

There is a little more about increased costs of overseas parcels, but as I read it, Parcelforce no longer carry weapons.

Gents,

My Rifle was picked up from my home address,,, the work was done and the rifle was delivered back to my house????

This was done by tnt with no problems at all??

did your rifle come from abroad or are you a RFD.

as it is illegal to ship a firearm direct to a license holder, it has to be a face to face transaction.the same as expanding Ammo.

ATB

Colin :P

did your rifle come from abroad or are you a RFD.

as it is illegal to ship a firearm direct to a license holder, it has to be a face to face transaction.the same as expanding Ammo.

ATB

Hi Colin,

Although I am not an RFD and do not ship firearms, I am pretty sure that face to face transactions relate to the sale of firearms and not for example repairs.

Andy,

If the Royal Mail / Parcelforce have not updated their T & C's on the websites and collections are booked by customers through the website, I do not think that they can refuse the shipment - irrespective of what Target Gun say's. I haven't seen anything in Gun Trade news about it either.

This is the clause still showing on the Parcelforce website..........

"The Customer shall not send arms or their component parts classified as munitions of war, ammunition of any kind, nor firearms prohibited under the Firearms Act 1968-1997 by any of the Services. Other weapons may be sent, but only by Parcelforce Worldwide by 9am, by 10am, by Noon or Parcelforce Worldwide 24."

Hi Colin,

Although I am not an RFD and do not ship firearms, I am pretty sure that face to face transactions relate to the sale of firearms and not for example repairs.

Andy,

If the Royal Mail / Parcelforce have not updated their T & C's on the websites and collections are booked by customers through the website, I do not think that they can refuse the shipment - irrespective of what Target Gun say's. I haven't seen anything in Gun Trade news about it either.

hi -

you have to see there license and make sure they still (A) still have one (:lol: still have authorization to hold said rifle © make sure the photo on the license is the person on the license (D) make sure the serial Numbers match the ones on the rifle you are giving them back (E) make sure that the license is still valid.

and you have to do this face to face, every time even if it is your best -, as they could have had there license revoked wile the rifle was away,or even worse, rifles and expanding Ammo may only be posted to a RFD or and now this is stupid if someone in the EU posts the rifle from abroad

ATB

Hi Col,

thanks for that. i know that it is law for the sale of ammunition and for the sale of firearms but did not know that was the case actually laid down in law, in balck and white, with regard to shipping of firearms back from repair etc.

Good job I haven't done it then isn't it :D

Hi Col,

thanks for that. i know that it is law for the sale of ammunition and for the sale of firearms but did not know that was the case actually laid down in law, in balck and white, with regard to shipping of firearms back from repair etc.

Good job I haven't done it then isn't it :D

hey Gary

i did not say it was laid down in law :D just that is what i was told to do,i have not seen any law pertaining to this, but i can see the sense in the reasoning.

but it kind of makes a mockery of it has someone abroad can post direct, go figure

ATB

Colin :D

Archived