Whats going on here then......

eldon

Just picked this up on another uk forum.

Whats going on here then?

are we not told the full ins and outs,is there more to it than meets the eye?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1366097/Cow-slaughter-anger-marksmen-gun-herd-field-hospital.html

Surely anybody who has been in the countryside has seen cows being herded down the streets/lanes.

Couldn't the people involved have just rounded them up and walked them back?

Wonder what the animal lovers and animal rights activists make of all this makes our killing of animals for meat etc seem fully justified?

What a waste!

i think there is more to the story than what we are reading or should i say what we are allowed to read or it is another case of health and safety gone mad again

By all accounts it was a dairy herd as well, FFS!

One report is that the "owner" is under investigation, what for God knows!

You cannot help but wonder at what point the animal welfare bit came in - and hurriedly left by the back door......

Difficult to comment without knowing the full facts.

Bizzare, they do this a lot, this happened near my father's place: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/7102832.stm the "bull" was a young animal which was in an ordinary field and could have been recovered straightforwardly by most accounts. Another top job from North Wales Police, with one bullet ending up embedded in an office wall, next to an occupied room! Who was the biggest danger to the public here, the bull or the "marksman"?!

Bizzare, they do this a lot, this happened near my father's place: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/7102832.stm the "bull" was a young animal which was in an ordinary field and could have been recovered straightforwardly by most accounts. Another top job from North Wales Police, with one bullet ending up embedded in an office wall, next to an occupied room! Who was the biggest danger to the public here, the bull or the "marksman"?!

1. "Marksman" - oh dear, what most people are not aware of is that a number of high profile police forces only shoot to a maximum of 300 meters and that qualifies them as so called "Marksmen".

2. The training is not run at a national level to a set standard.

3. The majority of "marksmen" have never shot out side of the police.

4. When we (military) were asked to rubber stamp a large (northern) police "sniper - course". We walked away after there senior instructor didn't know how to zero the turrets on there issue rifles and didn't understand what drop data was. (the rest is to controversial to air)

The fact the animals went for incineration tells a tale!! Why do we the public feel we have to second guess the people on ground on the day?? I am sure they acted apropriately with the information available to them at the time.

Dave

Dave do you know something they aren't telling?

If it was an outbreak of something then why did they not come clean and say. Actions thus fully justified!

Long range captain, surprised the police shoot to 300m I anticipated a lot less than that. Thought I read somewhere that most operational shots are taken at 70 yards.

Obviously not sure how true that is.

Couldn't imagine a police operation with "marksmen" taking shots at humans from 300m away.

The fact the animals went for incineration tells a tale!! Why do we the public feel we have to second guess the people on ground on the day?? I am sure they acted apropriately with the information available to them at the time.

My guess is the incineration will be down to the way they were destroyed and the location. What I want to know is why not just round them up and walk them back to the field they came from, I mean who made the decision to destroy them and on what grounds? This smacks of a H&S thing to me.

Regarding Police shooters I have shot comps with Police a few times and they were good, having said that I was on Short Siberia to zero a couple of years ago and half a dozen showed up to practice. They were very iffy, however they could have been newbies. For the record one of the best shooters I knew was ex DPG, he had an uncanny knack of picking up anything and shooting well with it, regardless of fit, location or calibre so the Met certainly do produce some very good shooters.

Archived