Fox Shooting with Night Vision

sir-slots-alot

Hi Chaps.

Got a call from a farmer yesterday saying he'd had several chichens taken and he had seen a fox sniffing about in the day time.

I wanted to get the shot on video, so I fitted my new video camera to the back of the NV scope and headed to the farm with my trusty 223.

Positoned my self in the middle of the field that the farmer he reported seeing the fox earlier that day. Started calling .. and watched as it came running in.

(Watch in big screen mode)

Here is my first attempt is filming in night vision. Although I dont think this classes as a long range shooting :lol::wacko::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA3pDKUttCU

All the Best

Al

what's the spec on the sight, apologies if its explained in the video ive just watched it with the sound off at work.

Hi - the scope is a 6 mag sm3S2 in Hypergen flavour. Its a good bit of kit and it has certainly earned its keep.

Vmax.

Yes , the shot was taken by looking into the camera veiw finder , I must say it felt a bit strange. I had to rig something up to stop the backlight from the camera screen lighting me up like a roman candle.

Thanks for the comments

ATB

AL

Hi - the scope is a 6 mag sm3S2 in Hypergen flavour. Its a good bit of kit and it has certainly earned its keep.

Vmax.

Yes , the shot was taken by looking into the camera veiw finder , I must say it felt a bit strange. I had to rig something up to stop the backlight from the camera screen lighting me up like a roman candle.

Thanks for the comments

ATB

AL

They are cracking scopes arent they. I was gutted when I had to sell mine but hopefully Craig from Third Eye Tactical is geting the full benefit.

I must admit I wasnt a fan of the illuminated reticle, I found balck on green a lot more easy on the eye. Do you find the provided illuminator sometimes a bit too much even on the lowest setting?

Mark

Archived