Lapua Brass reject

Toby

Hi, I was loading some 222 Rem rounds for a foxing trip and was quite shocked by what I found. I will admit that I didn't notice the reject case until I had eyeballed the cases filled with powder before seating the bullets. One case was noticeably fuller than the others even though I had used a powder trickler to bring the loads up to the right weight.

Upon further investigation the case had a neck and upper portion of shoulder inside the web area of the offending case. I have got used to finding the odd dented neck but nothing like this. What is the strangest things that you have found in new bulk packed brass? I could maybe of anticipated this from Remington or Winchester but Lapua?

Lesson learnt, will remember to check inside cases before priming :blush:

Thats very true Eddie. I used nothing but winchester and hornady for a long time in hunting rifles, and use only remington in the AR15. Didn't get any different results to lapua at the ranges they were used at.The lapua match .223 brass actually shoots worse in the AR.

Update: Emailed Lapua describing the problem. Apologetic reply from Errkki in Finland saying that if I brought the complete box back I would get a substitute box free of charge. Sent a reply that I only had 40 cases left as I had loaded the rest. His reply was just produce the reject round to our Norwegian importers and we will give you a new box.

Brilliant! Took trip up there yesterday and collected a box of 100 MATCH 222 rem brass. Even an upgrade over the normal 222 rem cases that I had. An email worth sending and good customer service on behalf of both producer and importer.

Update: Emailed Lapua describing the problem. Apologetic reply from Errkki in Finland saying that if I brought the complete box back I would get a substitute box free of charge. Sent a reply that I only had 40 cases left as I had loaded the rest. His reply was just produce the reject round to our Norwegian importers and we will give you a new box.

Brilliant! Took trip up there yesterday and collected a box of 100 MATCH 222 rem brass. Even an upgrade over the normal 222 rem cases that I had. An email worth sending and good customer service on behalf of both producer and importer.

Congratulations, good effort in taking this problem back to the manufacturer. Also reflects very well on Lapua, and their response tends to confirm that they make a top quality product which they stand behind. I dare say such lapses in QC are uncommon at Lapua. Don't know who the UK importer is but I trust they would respond similarly if need be. I'm currently processing 100 of their Dakota-headstamped brass in 20Tac, definitely superior to any other new brass I've bought in 25 years with the possible exception of Norma.

Tony

Archived