Lucky guy

Guest tisme

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

I should introduce myself. I'm Pete from kent where I have 16 aces and a lot of chickens, geese and ducks. For the past few years we have had a few foxes get chickens, but this year we lost over 70. So I applied for a FAC. I was given .22lr for vermin and a 22 hornet for fox. A couple of weeks ago I got .223 added and now have a Tikka T3. I should add the farmer next door also gave permission to use his 450 aces, this means I have a perfect back drop, his hill, for my mere 16.

I have gone to .223 from hornet, as getting any rounds for the hornet was very difficult. The only ones I could get were Winchester soft point that I found I had to sometime put two into a fox to kill it.

I'm now looking into loading my own rounds and been very lucky to have a couple of people that are going to help. I have ordered a Lee 50th anniversary kit and dies and hopefully I will be loading this weekend.

I would also now like to enter a comp for fun and to learn more about shooting. I not sure how to do this or if my licence would let me?

Pete

Archived