CUSTOM STOCK FOR SAKO QUAD

LH

The Manners T4 is rather nice is you want plastic?

Terry

Sorry lost you there I found the picture on a sticky concerning adjustable coombes

I have a sako quad and I would love to have a custom stock made like the one in the picture

Just wonder who is the person who made this that's all

Hi LH, Gary Cane does make some very nice stocks, I had one built by him some time ago, I think he does build the stocks for Steve Bowers so you might have quite a wait should you go for one of his.

I found Gary very helpful and more than reasonable with regard to price etc, but that was a good few years ago now.

I have a Sako P94S HB fitted with a McMillan Sako Varmint stock, which suits the rifle well, not something you’d want to carry for long though.

ATB Bob

Hi LH, Gary Cane does make some very nice stocks, I had one built by him some time ago, I think he does build the stocks for Steve Bowers so you might have quite a wait should you go for one of his.

I found Gary very helpful and more than reasonable with regard to price etc, but that was a good few years ago now.

I have a Sako P94S HB fitted with a McMillan Sako Varmint stock, which suits the rifle well, not something you’d want to carry for long though.

ATB Bob

I also have seen Bowers stock made by Staffordshire Synthetic Stocks so perhaps he has 02 suppliers

Thanks for the confirmation

Since I mounted a dedicated night vision on the 17 HMR I need an esclator to get to my scope height with absolutely NO cheek contact at all

I cannot win either way

Hi I tried an NV set up years ago, but seeing as 99% of my shooting is done in built up areas, there is far too much ambient light for the NV to be effective; I had flare outs most of the time. Plus had the same problems as you are having with lack of correct contact to the stock etc.

I have an Anschutz 1717 with a McMillan featherweight stock, and fitted with a S&B 3-12 x 50 scope and hardly ever need to use any additional light source, but then I am not shooting in fields or woods etc.

Do you have the synthetic stocked quad, or the wooden stocked version; as if it’s the wood stock you could get an adjustable cheek piece made for it.

Good luck with you’re search for something suitable, Bob

Steve Bowers used to use Gary Cane for his stocks but the last time I spoke with Steve he was using a "chippy" on the same industrial estate Steve is on :ph34r: . He has all the necessaries along with a copying machine to duplicate factory stocks etc. By all accounts his work is excellent. :wub:

Pete

Steve Bowers used to use Gary Cane for his stocks but the last time I spoke with Steve he was using a "chippy" on the same industrial estate Steve is on :ph34r: . He has all the necessaries along with a copying machine to duplicate factory stocks etc. By all accounts his work is excellent. :wub:

Pete

I agree

He built me a pair of PD rifle and they both perform better than what I can shoot

• 2 weeks later...

Archived