Glue

Orka Akinse

Thanks Fella's

I was out stalking and the rubber ring round the eye piece of my newly acquired S&B[along with the butler creek cap] came off and I lost both :(:(

I have been in touch with S&B and am trying to organise a new ring but in the interim they have suggested when I have sourced a new ring to bond it on with this glue.

I thought being a two element glue like araldite the UK equivalent might be the one but obviously not.

Keep it coming guys

Many thanks and ATB

Ian

Thanks Fella's

I was out stalking and the rubber ring round the eye piece of my newly acquired S&B[along with the butler creek cap] came off and I lost both :(:(

I have been in touch with S&B and am trying to organise a new ring but in the interim they have suggested when I have sourced a new ring to bond it on with this glue.

I thought being a two element glue like araldite the UK equivalent might be the one but obviously not.

Keep it coming guys

Many thanks and ATB

Ian

Ian it is an epoxy glue.

It is just a fairly elastic version.

I just looked through the data sheet, nothing too special. It is slow setting.

clicky

If your German isn't too bad their is a link to a webshop that sells the tubes.....

I would look at what loctite have, I remember a fairly elastic "superglue" that Blaser

also used to glue on the rubber grips on their stocks.

I always use cammo tape to help hold on my scope caps. Break a dozen every year...but

never lost one.

edi

I use cable ties to hold mine on. When I've tightened them, I cut the remainder off as close as possible, then use a hot knife to smooth and seal any sharp bits left.

Archived