CZ plod comp targets

ds1

I was at a CZ plod comp last week. My shooting is best described as crap as the holes in the wrong places in the target demonstrate. However thought I may be of interest to share the COF, targets, timmings and distances.

All targets electronic rise / fall. No sighters. Round in picture is 308 win for size.

Target 1. 50m prone cold bore shot on top R/H target - prone, time 10 seconds (tap on leg). Followed by the lower 5 tagets. Time 2 mins. Result - cold clean bore shot went high and left, corrected for error on first of 5 targets - 1st shot went low right. How to shoot like an idiot.

Snmek106.jpg[/img]

Target 2. 100m, prone, 5 shots. 2 mins. OK

Snmek107.jpg[/img]

Target 3 150m, sitting, 5 shots, 2 mins. Unlucky. The shots in the blck scored 10 pts, had they been clean (inside scoring) they would have been 20pts.

Snmek108.jpg[/img]

Target 4. 200m, prone, 5 shots, 2mins. Ok

Snmek109.jpg[/img]

Target 5 250m, prone, 5 shots, 2mins. Easy target so crap shooting.

Snmek110.jpg[/img]

Target 6. 300m, prone, 5 shots, 3 mins. Crap. Did not see shots in black till 4th shot. Over correction on 5th shot.

Snmek111.jpg[/img]

Day 2.Target 7. 50m, 5 shots, standing. Pure shite shooting.

Snmek112.jpg[/img]

Target 8. 150m, 3 shots, prone, 2 mins. Needed luck to hit the lines, I was that which promotes growth and vigour out of it.

Snmek113.jpg[/img]

Target 9. 250m, prone, 2 shots, 1 min. Did not do the hostages but no cigar either.

Snmek114.jpg[/img]

Target 10. No pic - 300m moving target L-R and R-L, size like 250m target, speed cca 4m/s.

All in all a fair demonstration that lack of training results in shite shooting.

David.

Heck that brings back fond memories :)

Different hostage - seems Sadam was in CZ before being caught

DSCN0860.jpg

DSCN0887.jpg

Remember this Boz?

DSCN0851.jpg

Well the first lot of 5 lower groups look perfectly Ok to me, 2 rounds overlapping and 308 is not that easy a round to shoot well. Was the caliber compulsory, at those distances I would have thought there would have been more accurate cartridges for the job,

Thanks for posting the targets up, I think most of us would not have done any better, at least you had the guts to go and have a go, fair credit to you.

A

Hi A, the cal question is interesting. The plod lads have to use TRG22`s in 308 win anyway. However I have tried it with 6.5x55. On one hand less wind drift or better accuracy from rounds like 6.5x55, 6.5x47 and 6mmbr but the minus is the bullet hole is smaller and harder to see in the target - important with no sighters.

David.

Archived