Jump to content
UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts

Recommended Posts

My new Sako 75 Varmint in .223 Remington:

04 Sako 75 right side, small 640 x 480.jpg

05 Sako 75 left side, small 640 x 480.jpg

The mod is a Wildcat Evo 8:

06 Sako 75 front, small 640 x 480.jpg

The 'scope is a Schmidt & Bender 4-16 x 50mm PMII attached with 34mm Optilocks:

07 Schmidt Bender, small 640 x 480.jpg

The Sako factory specs insist that it's a 1:8 twist barrel, but I've pushed a rod through it which suggests about a 1:14 twist.

Off to the range soon with a grab bag of mixed factory ammo.

maximus otter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.223 you say,, an old keeper friend had one of these with a 14 twist,, it was .222 . of course it could simply be re barrelled.

nice looking rifle, his was extremely accurate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, maximus otter said:
My new Sako 75 Varmint in .223 Remington:

04 Sako 75 right side, small 640 x 480.jpg

05 Sako 75 left side, small 640 x 480.jpg

The mod is a Wildcat Evo 8:

06 Sako 75 front, small 640 x 480.jpg

The 'scope is a Schmidt & Bender 4-16 x 50mm PMII attached with 34mm Optilocks:

07 Schmidt Bender, small 640 x 480.jpg

The Sako factory specs insist that it's a 1:8 twisyt barrel, but I've pushed a rod through it which suggests about a 1:14 twist.

Off to the range soon with a grab bag of mixed factory ammo.

maximus otter

I assume this will be appearing at Oundle tomorrow morning ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 20series said:

I assume this will be appearing at Oundle tomorrow morning ??

;)

maximus otter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice rifle. Most probably a 1-12" if it isn't a 1-8". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends how old it is, they came with 1:12 twist barrels with an option for 1:8 originally according to my old catalogue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Stovies said:

Depends how old it is, they came with 1:12 twist barrels with an option for 1:8 originally according to my old catalogue.

Ahh, the mystery appears solved. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great, I've just ordered a 5-25x56 PMII for my .223 Sako 85 laminate varmint.

Am I correct in thinking that Sako only offer the 34mm rings in low height? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Andy RV said:

Am I correct in thinking that Sako only offer the 34mm rings in low height? 

 

 

l stumbled onto mine second hand.

Sako’s site suggests that they come in low and medium.

maximus otter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy