UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts

The March Genesis was launched today at IWA. 

It is aimed at the ELR market. It has some seriously innovative features. 

MARCH-Genesis-Europe-Download-leaflet.pd

Just wached the  video scotch ,whith Gary costello ,not my cup of tea but interesting never the less, who imports them ?

Scotch, handled it today at the IWA. Same sort of principle as uso sn9 - which I’ve had a couple of for ELR, however the March gimbal system should be an improvement over the uso ball joint system.

It’s good to see innovation although not a scope I have any use for. 

I remember seeing your US optics SN-9 David. It was huge. Is this scope enough to tempt you back into ELR???

Nope, my ELR days are gone with the AW50. The 338 really never gets used beyond 1km and usually only to 800m these days. The Genesis would not look out of place on the AXMC but it is a question if 60x offers me anything over 40x magnification with regards to seeing shots on target - it’s still a 56mm objective. It’s about resolution rather than magnification. There is time to see how it will be refined  and I will wait for the milrad version anyway.

Yeap ,

Should have a bigger front lens , and mrad finer than std 1cm , 0.5cm like the old Zeiss 72mm , actually a zeiss 72mm on a Ivey mount would maybe better .

Chris, 0.05 mrad clicks should not be  an issue, I have them on my March 5-40x56 fx scopes. I guess for an ELR scope they should be standard.

Objective size is always going to be a compromise on an external adjustment scope - bigger  objective = less elevation adjustment before the objective bell contacts the barrel or forend tube. March are making two heights for the actual mount - the one pictured and a higher one for tube guns.  Cheek piece / comfort height is then an issue. Personally having had an 80mm objective on the sn9 anything more than 65mm would awkward for me .

D54CA0A7-405E-4783-BDBB-29EB25C919FA.jpeg