Leupold repair

Ruger1

I recently sent my leupold vx3 scope to Viking Arms to be sent to Leupolds in America for repair but have been told by viking arms they haven't an export licence and the last batch that was sent had been seized by customs and they would be applying for a licence, well 3 months on my scope was still with viking arms  so I asked for it to be returned which they did very promptly, so how do I get it repaired can I post it to Leupolds myself or WHAT can anybody have a solution to my problem thank you in advance. 

I sent a Leupold rangefinder back to the US for repair last year.  They very kindly sent me a new, upgraded model and the communications were excellent.

However, when it arrived it was accompanied by a £40 import tax etc bill which was poor.  And replies from Leupold to me ceased. If they had replied and confirmed it was a repair/replacement, IIRC, I could have had the £40 refunded. 

OK, a new rangefinder for £40 was OK but it was still actually a 'repair' / replacement.  And I was disappointing at the lack of response from  Leupold when I contacted them.  

11 hours ago, Dunc said:

I sent a Leupold rangefinder back to the US for repair last year.  They very kindly sent me a new, upgraded model and the communications were excellent.

However, when it arrived it was accompanied by a £40 import tax etc bill which was poor.  And replies from Leupold to me ceased. If they had replied and confirmed it was a repair/replacement, IIRC, I could have had the £40 refunded. 

OK, a new rangefinder for £40 was OK but it was still actually a 'repair' / replacement.  And I was disappointing at the lack of response from  Leupold when I contacted them.  

If an item is new to the UK then you haven't put pay the import duty. No matter if it's a replacement. It's all on UK customs web site. I had the same problem with a scope last year.

Suprised about Viking as I sent the vx3 back for repair. Well 3 in fact, took about 4 weeks before sending as they wanted a batch to send, fair enough. Took 3 weeks ontop for repair and return.

On 29/10/2017 at 8:18 PM, Dunc said:

Hi did you just send as ordinary post. Richard 

On 29/10/2017 at 10:31 AM, MrCetirizine said:

There shouldn't be a need for any export licence as it's not being exported it's going on a return trip. Exports are permanent.

If Viking had things seized then they filled in the paperwork wrong.

+1

Archived