QuickLOAD disc installation problem...

pengo

Good afternoon chaps,

I hope you can help me, please?

I am trying to install the QuickLOAD disc onto my laptop and it seems to go all the way to the end of the installation program and then comes up with a box which says - an error occurred trying to create a program icon for QuickLOAD, blocked by system.

It then asks me to abort - retry - ignore

No matter which I click, it will only let me abort.

It then goes on to say: set up is not complete. If you quit now this product will not be correctly installaed.

Quit set up? Yes - No

I clicked Yes, as when no was clicked it just to me back to the previous question - Quit set up - yes/no.

The next box then says: QuickLOAD setup was interrupted before your new software was fully installed. You can run QuickLOAD set up in its entirety at a later time to complete the installation.

Clicked OK

It then goes on to say: Setup will start the application removal utility to remove temporary installation files.

Clicked OK

Next box says: This is shared component and there may be other applications using it. If you are sure you want to remove it, click the remove button, otherwise click the keep button.

If you want to remove all shared components click remove all button. If you do not want to remove any shared component, click remove none button.

Clicked the remove all button.

This removes the program installation, then says: Program installation removed.

Clicked OK

Closes down and goes back to desktop screen.

Took out disc.

I have tried this operation 6 times now; and always with the same result.

It is a Windows 10 laptop and I have deleted the Norton and Macafee antivirus programs that were on it.

I hope someone can help me to get this loaded onto my computer.

Many thanks

Paul

Ok - the problem is with the Windows 10 installer, but there is a work-around. I was told this by the distributor and it works.

Run the program and when you get the error message open Task Manager and end the program. Everything will close but you'll then find you can open Quickload without any problem.

Apparently the root cause is that W10 doesn't recognise the installation set up and so refuses to remove the setup part of the installation.

When you run the install and it gets to the screen about where to put the shortcut choose the option for the current user only not for all users, it's because it is trying to put a shortcut on the all users desktop which is in a different location in Windows 8 and above so it fails

Ok - the problem is with the Windows 10 installer, but there is a work-around. I was told this by the distributor and it works.

Run the program and when you get the error message open Task Manager and end the program. Everything will close but you'll then find you can open Quickload without any problem.

Apparently the root cause is that W10 doesn't recognise the installation set up and so refuses to remove the setup part of the installation.

As per the above. I had exactly the same problem and Ctr Alt Delete to start the task manager and exiting the program works.

As per the above. I had exactly the same problem and Ctr Alt Delete to start the task manager and exiting the program works.

Thanks Sandy, Brillo and everyone for your help.

I have now got it onto my laptop in a folder, but not managed to get the icons onto the desktop yet, but no worries, at least I can use it.

I did it with the Control, Alt, Delete, as recommended by the distributor.

Time to start excelling....!!!!!

Cheers

Paul

Thanks Sandy, Brillo and everyone for your help.

I have now got it onto my laptop in a folder, but not managed to get the icons onto the desktop yet, but no worries, at least I can use it.

I did it with the Control, Alt, Delete, as recommended by the distributor.

Time to start excelling....!!!!!

Cheers

Paul

Once installed, you should be able to just drag a shortcut onto your desktop from the start menu.

Archived