Ultra Light ERA TAC one piece mount on CTR

ejg223

Last week I received a prototype mount from Recknagel to try out. The designer said they might change a few things. They are really light compared to other one piece mounts. Roughly half the weight of a Spuhr mount at just a bit over 100grams. Especially as the CTR's come with 0 MOA rail the one piece 20 MOA mounts are a bonus or for some a must. Every bit helps to save weight and my rifle now with the slightly lighter 3-20x50 Ultra short PMII, Bipod, forward rail mount and the Hausken JD224 at 310grams comes in at 12.3lbs. (5.6kg)

ERATac%20E-Tac4_zpssgkrdf1h.jpg

20170121_121541_zpsogtk35e9.jpg

edi

Maybe look cheap because I sprayed it :mellow:

Came in black but they will have a few colours once in production. My other rifle has the Spuhr mount that I can't fault except for the weight. Had a few Recknagel mounts and they seemed fine quality wise. I do miss the bubble level though.

edi

No I think you've done a nice paint job Edi.

Spuhr are a very cool looking mounts and take some beating in design and build quality.

But if the recknagel mounts are reasonably priced I would certainly consider them for a hunting rifle.

That stiffening spine sets the scope rather over-high to my eye.

Agree, could be solved better. This was also mentioned by the chap I was in contact with.

I would have preferred lower version for general use.

Bradders, this stock is the first one fitted with the new mount. At the IWA I hope to get some info on NV, I don't know much about it. The top part of the front mount can be changed to a multi rail version for torch NV etc.

edi

• 2 weeks later...

I would prefer Pica rail any day, just more flexible, much easier than milling T3 rails into Remmies, Mausers, Howas and some of the other rifles I have. With Pica rails I can swop scopes in no time. If one only has one rifle the Spuhr T3 rail mount might make sense.

edi

Archived