Recording from the Drone pro

Dac9976

Using pv110 mini dvr which is very good about 90 quid mounted it using a 30 mm mount and the little case it came with bit insulation tape to tidy wires, will shorten when I get round to it , think the pv110 is the best of the bunch without spending mega money on lawmate ect.

Lee

Using pv110 mini dvr which is very good about 90 quid mounted it using a 30 mm mount and the little case it came with bit insulation tape to tidy wires, will shorten when I get round to it , think the pv110 is the best of the bunch without spending mega money on lawmate ect.

Lee

Thanks Lee.

Any pics?

No sorry wouldn't know were to start lol, unit smaller than a pack cigs in case only use the yellow lead all fairly straight forward could email some pic if needed just drop us a pm

Lee

No sorry wouldn't know were to start lol, unit smaller than a pack cigs in case only use the yellow lead all fairly straight forward could email some pic if needed just drop us a pm

Lee

Must admit I struggle to get pics up on here.

If your looking to record off drone you won't go wrong with Pv110 I did plenty looking / research plenty on nightvisionforum best bang for buck ,you won't be disappointed it's a good little unit built in microphone good quality image etc etc

Lee

Here is my setup:

IMG_3568.jpg

The recorder is an HD DVR which I bought from RF Concepts but I don't think it is available anymore.

How did you attach it to the Drone mate?

Here is my setup:

IMG_3568.jpg

The recorder is an HD DVR which I bought from RF Concepts but I don't think it is available anymore.

Recognise t20 body of the torch but not the lens are you running AS pill

Lee

How did you attach it to the Drone mate?

It as attached to the Drone via an ARMS quick release mount with a homemade adapter.

The illuminator is not an LED it is a Dragonfly laser from Starlight NV, more powerful than any LED I have used

Dragonfly ,OK heard a whisper that they are bringing one out with dimmer control that would be useful people seem to rate the dragonfly highly ,do you find it has to much power a closer ranges whiting out etc.

Thanks Lee

Dragonfly ,OK heard a whisper that they are bringing one out with dimmer control that would be useful people seem to rate the dragonfly highly ,do you find it has to much power a closer ranges whiting out etc.

Thanks Lee

No, the Drone copes really well with high levels of IR

Anthony out of all the digital scopes available, the drone doesn't need massive amounts of IR to see 300 -350 yards, what made you got for a laser?

Two reasons really, the lasers do offer more power thus greater viewing distances I like to be able to ID something as far away as possible even if I can't shoot it that far away it can save a lot of faffing about if the white dot you saw in the thermal turns out to be a hare not a fox. Also when looking over say a hedge with a laser you can screw the beam up tight so you see over the top with an LED the reflected IR from the hedge means you see nothing on the other side at all.

I'm also going off topic, Anthony what mount are you using for the Dragonfly?

The mount is a Laserluchs ball head weaver mount, link here:

http://www.microglobe.co.uk/laserluchs-ball-head-mount-weaver-p-9358.html

This is a very good mount much better than most of the crap that is out there but is only the second best adjustable torch mount I have used, the best is undoubtedly one I made up from an Optilock ring (with plastic insert so it is adjustable) and an Amercian Defense QR base. I like my mounts to adjust easily but lock up rock solid and then be easily removable both of these do this well.

Pic here:

IMG_3569.jpg

Archived