Ash Walküre 308

I recently bought this Walküre produced by a relatively small outfit in Germany.

The action has a built in 0 MOA rail (a pity it doesn't come with a 20 or 30 MOA option)

The bolt is a fluted three lug, comes with a Shelin trigger and 1:12 Loather Walther barrel as standard and proofed in Germany.

It was imported by Domnic Byrne over here in Ireland who supplied the stock, put it together.

Domnic has built several outstanding rifles for me but this looks like a good accurate semi custom option, it's clover leafing with Sako factory ammo with its first shots so far.

Thought it might be of interest to those looking for something a little different without going down the full custom rout.

http://buema-hochwang.de/PSG-Walkuere-lang-Konfigurator

82267EC6-E62F-415A-BD38-9D88A9B31737_zps

34818914-EAEC-4EF1-9A26-235805A94728_zps

I recently bought this Walküre produced by a relatively small outfit in Germany.

The action has a built in 0 MOA rail (a pity it doesn't come with a 20 or 30 MOA option)

The bolt is a fluted three lug, comes with a Shelin trigger and 1:12 Loather Walther barrel as standard and proofed in Germany.

It was imported by Domnic Byrne over here in Ireland who supplied the stock, put it together.

Domnic has built several outstanding rifles for me but this looks like a good accurate semi custom option, it's clover leafing with Sako factory ammo with its first shots so far.

Thought it might be of interest to those looking for something a little different without going down the full custom rout.

http://buema-hochwang.de/PSG-Walkuere-lang-Konfigurator

82267EC6-E62F-415A-BD38-9D88A9B31737_zps

34818914-EAEC-4EF1-9A26-235805A94728_zps

Very nice!

Pity they couldn,t have thought of an original name, instead of copying mine. :mad:

Walkure is german for Valkyrie.

Recon Valkyrie is just as unknown in Bavaria as ASH is in the UK. Don't think Andreas was aware of it.

Dave, it's about time you come to the IWA one year. Put some faces to names...

edi

Pity they couldn,t have thought of an original name, instead of copying mine. :mad:

Register the name as a trademark. I was hearing on the radio that the European court that deals with these things is a few years behind, so we may well be out of the EU before any proceedings could amount to anything.

The action appears to be a generic design - looks pretty solid and no doubt flat bottomed (I like that)

FWIW: http://buema-hochwang.de

Mate of mine has a 6.5x47 repeater on loan from A.SH while his new Open rig is being completed. Very nice action although the tenon may be a tad short for long, heavy match barrels.

Note that they are Made in Bavaria which the locals claim is (only) near to Germany :-).

Good to see your stocks as an option on that site Edi.

You're not importing them by any chance? 20" 308 would be a nice option for me in Kerry.

I'm not importing them however Dom Byrne is, as mentioned earlier. I might get myself one once we can convince ASH to fit a lighter barrel.

You'd be ok with the heavy barrel + sika over the shoulder...not me.

edi

Surely it ought to be "Valkyrie is the English for Walküre" - it is after all a German word img.gif

Despite Wagner's dramatic germanic musical adaptations,and Hitler's reference to it in the Tom Cruise film 'Valkyrie', the concept of VALKYRJA -the female choosers of the slain who go to Valhalla- is from Olde Norse legend.

Dave at least acknowledges the proper heritage by having an Odin action,too.

gbal

Archived