Big thanks to Paddy Dane

Paddy built me a .260 a couple of weeks ago and I got to have a play with it at the RRC. It's a Tikka T3 action with a 26" 1-8 barrel. Paddy kept me informed as to what was happening though out the build and was a pleasure to deal with. It's been doing some very small groups like the one below 1.708" @ 496 yards

1d538b32-04d2-4b3a-a57b-a4b38d8cb10c_zps

Thank you for the kind words Pete..... I think this group is more a testament to your shooting skills than any gun plumbing I may have done, but it has still put a smile on my face.

Thank you for the kind words Pete..... I think this group is more a testament to your shooting skills than any gun plumbing I may have done, but it has still put a smile on my face.

You obviously haven't seen him shoot then!!!! more luck on his behalf...... but does go to show what the rifle is like if you get someone decent behind the butt.... ;-)

Ask him about his group on the adjacent target (playing card) ah no best not ;-)

It was a very good group just 4 out of five missed the card

We all had that problem with the playing card: not enough windage and no splashes. By the time we came back to the Hun we knew the wind. I was very happy all my .223 AR shots hit the Hun's head, some in the middle! I'm hoping my Dane rifle will shoot as well yours.

Great day!

We all had that problem with the playing card: not enough windage and no splashes. By the time we came back to the Hun we knew the wind. I was very happy all my .223 AR shots hit the Hun's head, some in the middle! I'm hoping my Dane rifle will shoot as well yours.

Great day!

Ah not all of us ;-) - I managed all 5 on the card!

As I type, I'm bowing in deference to your talent! At least my inaccurate statement gave you the chance to share your good shooting ;-)

Archived