New rifle!

All,

I'm off to Bisley tomorrow for zero range followed by TR practice at 500 and I'm very excited because I will be shooting this RPA Quadlock post-12881-0-73935900-1402153737_thumb.jpgpost-12881-0-74173100-1402153767_thumb.jpg

Brand new to me and only a hundred rounds down the barrel. Have just spend the last hour with my jacket on setting it up to fit. I doubt even the weather will dampen my spirits tomorrow.

Cheers,

J

Good weather at Bisley on Sunday. As always I packed for the worst case so had a car full of wet weather kit and all I needed was a pair of shorts. No complaints though. Wind was stop and start which caught me out on more than one occasion moving between still and fresh.

Using a ladder foresight is new to me but proved very useful and after a short stint on the zero range I had marked up estimates for 300-1000. Had enough time to get on 600 before lunch and the zero range had worked, I was on the paper at least. Four rounds later I was in the bull...and back out on the fifth, the RPA rear sight winds the other way to the rear sight on the parker hale I’d been using for the last 8 years or so :huh: . Another thing to get used to. Things tightened up after a bit of adjustment to rear and foresight apertures.

500 after lunch was satisfying, I let the wind get the better of me a couple of times but shot a 48.7 which, for me, is a great start :D. Looking forward to getting more practice in with this. Plenty of fine tuning to go but I feel confident with it now.

After a very kind offer from one of the guys on here I should be up at Diggle on Sunday 22nd June, just to spectate and meet a few people. It would be great to put some faces to names.

Best,

J

June 22nd at Diggle? Yes, we have a 600 yd Target Rifle and F Class shoot plus a McQueen.

There should be a few UKVers in attendance. We are looking for Target Rifle shooters at Diggle Jimmy - we are down to our last half-dozen and we need some new blood!

i'm not judging but others might suggest you have a bit of a drink problem going on there :D

HaHa I noticed that also, and it looks like damned fine collection......unless there all empty!?

Nah, this blokes serious chaps. The single malt collection is inspirational only. Did you not notice the two meditational candles and the reloaders bible in the middle? :-)

I've heard of offering up a prayer to the wind gods but....

Nice set up btw.

Regards

G

June 22nd at Diggle? Yes, we have a 600 yd Target Rifle and F Class shoot plus a McQueen.

There should be a few UKVers in attendance. We are looking for Target Rifle shooters at Diggle Jimmy - we are down to our last half-dozen and we need some new blood!

Looking forward to it. See you there.

Archived