BASC members read this - you have got to be joking!! :(

IanF

Members of BASC listen up!

The election for council campaign has started.
This guy is running!

His name is Martyn Jones Former Labour MP.

These are just some of his quotes and actions that he did during his time as MP - not the sort of thing you may want in a council member!.

A quote from Mr Jones:
“Any move to reopen the issue of fox hunting is utterly ridiculous. The Act was only passed into law in 2005 and was widely debated. It is an act which signaled the end to a cruel and outmoded form of upper class enjoyment."
Does that sound like someone who should be a PAID representative to our way of life?

In his BASC manifesto statement he said:
“I have been vice-chairman of the British Shooting Sports Council for a number of years.”
Then later said
“As one of the handful of MPs who refused to vote for the firearms restrictions following both the Hungerford and Dunblane tragedies.”

Shame you didn’t have the balls to vote against the handgun ban when you had the chance, now wasn’t it MR Jones!

MR Jones also voted in favor to ban fox hunting during his time as a politician.

Mr. Jones has been a member of BASC for only 1 year! With his record you may wish to consider why he is all of a sudden in such favor of BASC and now running for election!

The good news is if you are a member you have the opportunity to vote NOW!

You make your own decisions on whether you feel MR Jones is a suitable person to represent YOUR way of life.

http://basc.org.uk/about-basc/council-and-constitution/basc-council-elections-2014/

Taken from his own words on the BASC site.

Having seen our sport being eroded by the antis over the years, and now that I am retired, I would like to use the expertise I have in achieving political and public relations results to help BASC in its sterling efforts to stem and reverse the tide against all the various aspects of our sport. An attack on one is an attack on all.

Typical Liebour MP.

Agreed - actions speak louder than words.

Didn't vote 'for' banning pistols - but not enough conviction to vote 'against'either.

Did however vote with the party line when it came to banning hunting with hounds - citing a 'class issue'.

I do not hunt with hounds - but I did feel their right to do so was worth marching for - along with 400k others!

Just a political pig, trying to get it's nose in the trough IMHO.

Rgds

Ian

Having read all the other candidates history and interests in shooting, it seems quite bizarre that Mr Jones has even contemplated standing in for the position.

He certainly wont get a vote from me, thanks Ian for making us aware.

Hmmm thank you for including the Mail reference-if reasonably accurate.Lord Dannatt makes the case for a much clearer protocol;Lady Northover's comments back this up, suggesting that peers were not aware of what she was going to say,rather than a deliberate snub.But it needs better handling,all round.

Gbal

Anybody who wears a bow tie must be a bit suspect at the best of times. :wacko:

I dont trust any of them myself you will never find a poor MP!

They like to bitch and moan about other people claiming benefits and they claim for every last penny not to mention the other insentives they recieve.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2109015/Labour-MP-Adrian-Bailey-claimed-13-expenses-going-remembrance-services.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/10761548/MPs-expenses-A-scandal-that-will-not-die.htmlhttp://news.sky.com/story/1181269/mps-pay-politicians-to-get-11-percent-pay-rise

But its ok because "we are all in it together" as cameron would have you believe

I mean he has been to nandos after all!

As far as I understand it the MP's get paid by a third party, i.e. not paid by parliament but by the IPSA. That is the reason for the exemption and on the face of it, it makes sense.

As someone who has spent his entire life on the PAYE system I have a very jaundiced view of the matter. Personally I would like to see the cash economy receive some attention along with a bit of scrutiny on the tax returns of the self employed etc.

ATB

Archived