joels laminate stocks

Col

Sorry but your post is a little confusing :D

but this would mean you sending him one over does this mean we deal with him direct or do you insist we go through you?

you as in you would have to be with out your stock,so you would have to send your stock,as i have not got every stock available to send over myself,for him to copy.(but i would forward the stock on to him,and i take delivery of the new and old stock)

all stocks have to be paid up front,before any work can be started.

Who do we pay, you or him? what is the leadtime and what is the exchange rate? Are you his agreed sole distributor here in the UK?

you would pay me,and i will pay him. lead time i think on average you will be looking at 5 to 6 weeks plus shipping time.

the price you get quoted is the price you pay so exchange rates don't come in to it.

He is not set up for taking orders from over seas, I'm not sure what you mean here cos if he's not set up whats the score? Can we order a stock or not?

yes of course you can order a stock, y would i advertise them if you could not get one.have i not said i am waiting for 2 my self??

ATB

Colin ;)

Thanks Col

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Col

Many thanks. Apologies if your getting a little ratty with me I am just trying to be absolutely clear about things for as much my piece of mind as anything. You did say in your post he's not set up for overseas orders but we can order them through you. This does seem to conflict wouldn't you agree. Just an observation ;)

One final point/question if I may Col. If I want a stock and Joel doesn't have the programme for it, I give you my original stock and my cash. Now, If anything goes wrong e.g. my original stock is lost or damaged or both stocks are lost on the return journey, I assume as I have paid you, it is your responsibility and I would look to you to put things right by me i.e. replacement original stock and cash refund?

Now Col, I am not saying anything will go wrong but I think it only reasonable that if you are acting as his sole agent here in the UK and something does go wrong, it would be a give good piece of mind if you undertake to sort out the problem e.g. replace stock for the original and cash refund?

Colin,

with all due respect are you now the official UK agent for Joel Russo Stocks or a self appointed go between?

The reason i ask is that i corresponded with Joel late last year and he said that i could order any stock i wanted and he would send it direct to me.

Is he now refusing to do this?

Can we now only buy his stocks through you?

With you as an importer there would of course be charge for your services wouldnt there?

Ian

Col

Many thanks. Apologies if your getting a little ratty with me I am just trying to be absolutely clear about things for as much my piece of mind as the other guys on here.

no - i am not getting ratty with you :lol:

You did say in your post he's not set up for overseas orders but we can order them through you. This does seem to conflict wouldn't you agree. Just an observation ;)

not that it has anything to do with anyone,

he has no credit card facilities

he will not money transfer

he has to be paid in one certain way,as he is not set up for over seas payment.

One final point/question if I may Col.

well i think you will ask anyway ;)

If I want a stock and Joel doesn't have the programme for it, I give you my original stock and my cash.

yes that is correct

Now, If anything goes wrong e.g. my original stock is lost or damaged or both stocks are lost on the return journey, I assume as I have paid you, it is your responsibility and I would look to you to put things right by me i.e. replacement original stock and cash refund?

i never post anything with out enough postal insurance. so i would ask you what price you valued your stock at,(sako 75 i believe are about £400 new,but don't quote me on that one) it would be best to photo the stock to prove its value,

or you could send a stock of no value.

there are a few options available.

Now Col, I am not saying anything will go wrong but I think it only fair if you are acting as his sole agent here in the UK and something does go wrong, you will underwrite the loss if necessary?

one can never be to careful

ATB

Colin :D

Colin,

with all due respect are you now the official UK agent for Joel Russo Stocks or a self appointed go between?

The reason i ask is that i corresponded with Joel late last year and he said that i could order any stock i wanted and he would send it direct to me.

Is he now refusing to do this?

Can we now only buy his stocks through you?

With you as an importer there would of course be charge for your services wouldnt there?

Ian

with all do respect Ian

have i done something wrong????

people buy stocks through me IE MC Milan / manners.and so on,and i am now offering Joel's.

where is the problem.

i am not MC Milan's main agent, and yet i supply them

i am not manners main agent and yet i supply them

i am not loather Walther barrels main agent,and i supply them as well

i am not Lawton's main agent,o and i supply them as well

i am not stiller's main agent,i think we get the drift.

as you know you have had a couple of them items listed above through me.

so what exactly am i doing wrong here???

ATB

Colin ;)

You have done nothing wrong Colin, i was only trying to establish if Joel Russo stocks were now only available to UK customers through you mate.

If they were that would not have been a problem for me if i wanted to order one and i am sure it would not be for anyone else.

Its good to have another choice for UK shooters and not to be held to using the usual makers.

Ian

To second this Colin, we should thank you for letting people know these stocks are available. ;)

There was only a few of us in the UK (who frequent the US forums) that knew about Joel when he made the first A5l's (a couple of years ago) which are a laminate "alternate" to the time constrained Mac A5.

Now that you have let others know about quality alternatives to composite stocks maybe big M will lower delivery times to be competitive again. (although I doubt it)

Small time producers like Joel always have problems with payment from overseas - they are simply not geared up for credit cards so International Bankers Drafts and snail mail are the only way of payment.

It delays the payment process by only the time it takes for the mail delivery (3-4 days)

Guest Alliant381

Are these stocks from precisionlongrangehunter.com joel russo ?when i last asked him for a stock for a Tikka 595 he said no problem just what colour you want

• 5 months later...

Wow! A thread dedicated to my stocks... I'm honored...

I received a few e-mails from a couple guys in the UK and figured I would get back on here and do some reading.

Thanks Colin for posting some pictures of my stocks.

I have a website in the making.. russoriflestocks.com there's not alot if info on there just a few pictures and contact info.

Colin was right, I don't have a list of inlets.

All my stocks are CNC inletted for action and barrel channel. I can inlet for most factory actions and about all of the customs.

You can deal direct with me.

Payment is as simple as an international money order, and I regularly ship overseas.

Just wanted to say thanks to Colin and Dave, Baldie,

I have been in contact with Joel over the last couple of days and I'm delighted with the speed and depth of his replies answering my many questions.

He has shown me quite a few finished stocks and they look awesome, not all to my taste but awesome none the less, with Joel's permission I will put the photo's up here.

Another + for Joel from me, a friend (not a member of the site) has been enquiring about a thumbhole for an F Class Barnard build, Joel has been as helpful as can be to him - supplying photo's, answering questions etc on a daily basis.

Excellent service. :wacko::ph34r:

• 6 months later...

his web site is no longer available ,any body got any more info please

thanks mark

wish i hadnt bothered nothing on website thanks any way

back to mcmillan

mark

• 2 months later...

Had the pleasure to work on a few Russo stocks recently, one chap hasn't yet seen the finished product in the flesh so I shall refrain from showing pics of it, hwoever here is a F Class build using a blue, red, laminate with thumbhole and ajustable cheek piece.

Flat bottom so it rides the bags very well and fits like a glove when ajusted.

Finished in tru oil.

Barnard P action if you are interested, krieger, chambered in 7mm/300 WSM

_ASC0038.jpg

_ASC0036.jpg

_ASC0037.jpg

Like most aftermarket stocks, they require a certain amount of "fitting", but the end result is very pleasant.

After speaking with the owner of #2 ive been asked to post some pics of this one, which I think is an A5L with vents in the forend.

Sorry about the pics - all taken indoors due to "tropical down pour"

Barrelled action is Stiller Viper based 6mmBR

The fit of the ajustable cheek and but plate metal is superb, again finished with Tru-oil.

DSCN1603.jpg

DSCN1592.jpg

DSCN1594.jpg

DSCN1601.jpg

If anyone is thinking about a laminate stock, then these really should be on the consideration list.

Archived