Valkyrie .223 single shot.

Just finished this one this week. Something a little bit different.

IMG_1213_crop.jpg

Its a single shot .233 Valkyrie.

IMG_1214_crop.jpg

Action is tight toleranced , and fitted with a .20 moa rail.

IMG_1215_crop.jpg

The barrel is a border cut rifled one, in remington varmint profile. Bead blasted to match the action.

IMG_1218.jpg

Screwcut M14 x 1 and an invisible thread cap.

IMG_1219.jpg

Fitted with a jewell trigger, and pillar and fully devcon bedded into the quite dark McMillan A5 you see here.

IMG_1217_crop.jpg

That looks really nice Dave. That truly an invisible thread protector, you can't even see the join on the photo!! Lovely work as ever. :)

That looks really nice Dave. That truly an invisible thread protector, you can't even see the join on the photo!! Lovely work as ever. :)

Once again Dave you have surpassed yourself...... would look really nice with one of my blast finished S Series mod as an accessory :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Very nice. Dave, what are the tolerances on your 'tight tolerance' action?

Can be specced by the customer. Usually 0.0015" to 0.002" on the bolt clearance.

It will be used for both, personally I like single shot rifles and since it was custom built for me that's what I wanted. In my opinion a single shot is all that is necessary for foxes as personally I don't take difficult shots under the lamp. If you miss, all you do is educate the fox and generally speaking you won't get a chance for a second shot anyway, magazine or not. If you hit the fox somewhere sensible with a 55 grn BT going quick the fox isn't going anywhere in a hurry and if a follow up is needed to finish it off (unlikely) you'd have plenty of time to reload, it's not that much slower than a mag in any case.

All the best

Rich

It will be used for both, personally I like single shot rifles and since it was custom built for me that's what I wanted. In my opinion a single shot is all that is necessary for foxes as personally I don't take difficult shots under the lamp. If you miss, all you do is educate the fox and generally speaking you won't get a chance for a second shot anyway, magazine or not. If you hit the fox somewhere sensible with a 55 grn BT going quick the fox isn't going anywhere in a hurry and if a follow up is needed to finish it off (unlikely) you'd have plenty of time to reload, it's not that much slower than a mag in any case.

All the best

Rich

I never thought of that before, your dead right, the amount of fiddling about you do with loading the mag chambering the round, unloading the round, putting it back into the mag. A single shot actually makes sense.

Archived