who shoots a 260 rem??

Snowz

I dont shoot one, but have built a few either in 260AI or standard guise.

The standard case is an excellent deer and fox tool using 120 - 140g bullets it forms a very good middle man to the 6.5x47 and 6.5x284.

(it does what both do)

Reliable feeding from a short action, a vast choice of bullets and easy to load, the only down side is either expensive brass or make your own from necked up 243 or down from 7mm-08 / 308.

It sproved to be an accurate performer in tac comps in the US, notable shooters (Zac Smith / Terry Cross) use them as do several others.

I have to say that I think that the 6.5x47 would be a better choice if you decide to use 130g as your max bullet weight (brass is better without the fuss of making)

Ultimately the choice is yours, the cartridge will do everything it sounds like you need it for and more.

I dont shoot one, but have built a few either in 260AI or standard guise.

The standard case is an excellent deer and fox tool using 120 - 140g bullets it forms a very good middle man to the 6.5x47 and 6.5x284.

(it does what both do)

Reliable feeding from a short action, a vast choice of bullets and easy to load, the only down side is either expensive brass or make your own from necked up 243 or down from 7mm-08 / 308.

It sproved to be an accurate performer in tac comps in the US, notable shooters (Zac Smith / Terry Cross) use them as do several others.

I have to say that I think that the 6.5x47 would be a better choice if you decide to use 130g as your max bullet weight (brass is better without the fuss of making)

Ultimately the choice is yours, the cartridge will do everything it sounds like you need it for and more.

I have one ,built by Mike Norris a few years ago on a blueprinted remmy action with jewell trigger border barrel,and fitted nicely (bedded mind) into a nice left handed AICS.About the brass you can buy 260 RP from Hannams for reasonable money without forming them yourself.I was lucky to be on holiday in the US whilst my rifle was being built and stocked up over there.I am in agreement with Ronin over its capability.At 1000 yds it shoots a 129 gr bullet about 10 moa flatter than a 308.I have been extremely pleased with mine.The 6.5 x 47 brass is more expensive as not every manufacturer makes it.

Gary

hi brown dog my rifle is the same rifle as the picture but mine is all black and left handed with a ior tactical scope 6x24x50 the spec of the rifle is .260 remy barnard sm action with a 10 shot mag hs fully adjustable stock and 26" trueflight ultra match barrell screw cut to take a ultra mod and jewel trigger the rifle was completely made at the barnard factory in new zealand.

hi ronin dont know actuall price of stock but a price of £1000 was mentioned to me very comfortable stock to shoot but i ordered the rifle complete there is a butt spike if needed but at extra price but again lovely piece of kit to shoot very little recoil you can keep your head on stock and see the target after the shot as been taken i had a 308 remy with bell and carson tactical stock as we all know great rifle for money but recoil was a problem after shot was taken trying to find target again barnard 07 no problem.

Thanks for the replies, sorry not got back straight away as i have been on holiday and had limited internet access.

it does look like a caliber that would suit all my shooting requirement, few other have said that its a bit of an in between caliber why not go for X & Y but i think one of these will suit me for a while and its a bit different to the norm.

any one got any good loads, would like a lighter fast round for rabbits / foxes then a larger for deer, not worried about havng different zeros

hi snowz i have just tried some 100grn nosler b/t with 39.5 varget with fed 210m primers in .260 remington cases m/v 3020 in 26" barrell this is a hodgdons load no pressure signs and very accurate 5 shot group cover it easy with 5 pence piece 100yrds should make a good foxing load hope this helps you but always be carefull with loads what is suitable for one rifle may not suitable for another cheers.

what other pieces of reloading equipment do i need if i neck up 243 brass, i know i need a neck expanding manderal and neck cutter but what else?, neck wall thickness gauge, VLD chamferer etc

cheers Richard

Richard

FWIW, just buy some Nosler brass from Reloading Solutions, load them up and shoot 'em. I pfaffed about with resizing Lapua 243 brass, neck turning and all that good stuff for 4 years, and moved over to Nosler brass early this year, and havent looked back.

I am using 40 Gns RL15, over a Federal GM210M primer, under Nosler 120 Gn BT, shoots better than I can most days, at 2895 fps from a 22" Shilen barrel 1:9 twist. The best I can get .3MOA which is about as good as I can manage on a good day.

This drops Fallow, Roe and smaller beasties on the spot, with minimal meat damage. The 120 BTs work well at this velocity.

This isnt a hot load, but the usual cautions apply for anyone using this load for them selves, best to work up to it in your rifle.

Best of luck with your 260.

Peter

Archived