F class League shoot Diggle

Just a quick note to see if anyone from here is going to the F class league shoot at Diggle this coming weekend?

I'm setting off Friday morning for my trek up there.

Sadly practice has been canceled due to the Water Board working on the reservoir.

Judging by the forecast I'll have to pack plenty of wet weather gear.

See you on the range.

Dave

Cheers Andy, looking like it's going to be a wet one ;)

See you Saturday morning, hopefully we'll have more time to catch up as I'm shooting open class this shoot as I have a few issues with my .308

Cheers

Dave

Hmm

I have issues with the 7mm/270WSM - it needs a re-barrel ;):DB)

Fortunately, I have two Broughtons sat waiting here waiing for the 2011 season, just need my new bolt for the Barnyard ;)

Arrived at Diggle after a nightmare trip up the M6, road works and shear volume of traffic making progress slow.

Just had some cracking fish and chips from the Diggle chippy, which looks like a shack on the side of the road.

Elwood recomended it to me and on arrival there was a cue down the road a good sign.

Now full of excellent fish and chips back to the B&B. I can see the wind flags from my window and the clouds are racing over the hill.

Never mind we'll see what tomorrow will bring.

Cheers

Dave

I will be using the old Channel swimmers trick of smearing myself with vaseline to prevent looking like a shrivelled prune in the wet :)

good luck Dave wish i was there with you

Nice one Spud hopefully you'll get your gun built and come and play.

I will be using the old Channel swimmers trick of smearing myself with vaseline to prevent looking like a shrivelled prune in the wet :)

Does it make you more aero dynamic? With the wind blowing at the moment you'll need it.

See you tomorrow.

Dave

Well, the weather wasn't quite as bad as forecast though we did get a bit wet!

Many congrats to Andy Massingham who took a well deserved win (on V bull count!) - especially after shooting a 75.12v at 800 yards on Sunday morning!

Full results are on the GBFCA website at www.f-class.org.uk

Cheers

Vince

Archived