Mauser M03 Extreme

onelesscharlie

You have a T3 in .223. You couldn't do better than what you have already imho....

That was the other thing playing on my mind... the mauser wont kill foxes any deader than the tikka, however I could buy a 308 change barrel and if I ever sell my remington just change barrels as required. Its time for a change so its a toss up between a tikka t3 varmint stainless and the mauser.

cheers

colin

From memory, the thing that didn't impress me about these for precision use was that the scope attaches to the action; but the barrel attaches to the stock (and not the action) [a la blaser] ...so the two aren't directly linked (unlike a blaser that gets around the issue by mounting the scope directly on the barrel).

Not sure what that will mean for accuracy; but strikes me as 'wrong' at an intuitive level.

I remember reading a Q @ A letter in Shooting Times and Steve Bowers said they were the best factory rifle out there and he knows a bit about rifles.

If I can contribute

I had a 03 with 03 barrel set and hunting a lot with it

Please remember one thing it is a heavy rifle and very study built.

I hunted it in 9.3 extensively outside the UK with amazing accuracy.

Clover leaf holes at 100 yards is easy with handloads

Once you start putting "slim" calibers in then the charactor of the rilfe changes. It becomes a drag and a chore to carry around.

I had 03 years of fun and I have since moved on. Sold it to a good friend and he is loving it.

The system works especially if you are travelling abroad a lot.

I can assure you it retains zero no matter what you do to it.

I ordered a very high grade stock with lots of engraving as well

However in my opinion a plastic 03 is a bit off.

Like using a BAT action for rabbit bashing. (that I also do BTW)

Just my thoughts on this subject

I think this rifle really works well in 9.3 , 375 and 404

Archived