New toys to play with..........

tulkyuk

Give us some info on the new toys then :blush:

Well everyone should know the Kalashnikov assualt rifle with the distinctive bananna shaped magazine that holds x30- 7-62 short..ie 5.45x39mm rounds..first built in 1947 and now is the most widely used weapon in the world..or its variants..

Second weapon is the PKM machine gun..which can be fired in prone using attached bipod or mounted to a sustained role tripod.

Its a top cover plate load using linked/belted ammo of 7.62x54 rounds sightly bigger than AK rounds and has a rate of fire of 650 rnd a min.

was first built in 1960

Both weapons are russian...and mostly found in 3rd world countries where weapons like these can cost very little of the streets.

Mick

Cheers mick - saved me the long writing session :P

The Nepalise gaurds we have here seem to think they are ok and after what that gurka did recently, i aint gonna argue lol

Well just look at how old some weapons are and are still very reliable..so they do and have stood the time, in prob many battles..esp the very old ones that the taliban still use.

Well everyone should know the Kalashnikov assualt rifle with the distinctive bananna shaped magazine that holds x30- 7-62 short..ie 5.45x39mm rounds..first built in 1974 and now is the most widely used weapon in the world..or its variants..

Second weapon is the PKM machine gun..which can be fired in prone using attached bipod or mounted to a sustained role tripod.

Its a top cover plate load using linked/belted ammo of 7.62x54 rounds sightly bigger than AK rounds and has a rate of fire of 650 rnd a min.

was first built in 1960

Both weapons are russian...and mostly found in 3rd world countries where weapons like these can cost very little of the streets.

Mick

Come on Mick, 1947 :P:P:D

Cheers mick - saved me the long writing session :P

The Nepalise gaurds we have here seem to think they are ok and after what that gurka did recently, i aint gonna argue lol

what did that gurka do?? seems I've missed an episode! Link, quick! :P

Finman

Well done and congratulations to the Gurkha soldier!!!

As a serving soldier it F**k's me right off, when the MOD/Government will discipline good men for war fighting.

But they will happily do under the table deals with anyone (IRA, Muqtada al-Sadr) and it will be Taliban next !!!

And all the good men that have died, there sacrifice is made to seem worthless.

Having lost four very good soldiers (RDG) in the last month, who I had the privilege of serving with and knew well.

I would be upset to see the MOD/Government sell their sacrifice.

Funny thing about the Taliban, they all used to be our friends and allies when we were fighting the Russians, in those days we called them Mujahideen.

Funny thing about the Taliban, they all used to be our friends and allies when we were fighting the Russians, in those days we called them Mujahideen.

yes and we also trained a lot of the top men - i totally agree with what the Gurka did and i for one, am real glad of having some of their ex- serving guys stand around my camp tonight maning the PKM's and Ak's

:P

Micky

You always seem to sniff out the toys to play with, any chance you can put one in your suitcase and we'll have a play at minsterly lol?

As for the Gurkhas, I spent 9 years in Brunei growing up, there is always a batalion of Gurkhas there, the nicest guys you ever want to meet, that is unless your the opposition.

I have to agree with all who cares if he took the head, proof was required that they got there man and the guy showed some initative that our armed forces are famous for, typical MOD crap as always.

I was pleased that Lumley won her victory for these guys, we seem to let every other tom dick or harry into the country and yet these men fought and died for us and we treated them like that which promotes growth and vigour.

Sorry bit of a nerve with that bit.

As for the Mujahideen, which the taliban were part of along with a number of other tribes etc, try watching Charlie Wilsons war, very interesting and funny. It is also pretty accurate statement of how much the west was helping them.

The last thing that comes up in the movie is a direct quote he gave to a reporter and I think we are feeling the ramifications of that lack of fore sight today.

Unfortunately this war is only going to end with a deal, they all do well that is apart from the falklands, underhand discussions and stuff that is not seen by the public.

Its a result of the soldiers being ruled by politicians, were as soldiers serve for life a politician is always trying to keep his job for life.

Hi Tulky, How are you keeping??????

Did you actualy get a chance to pull the trigger?????

When are you home???

All the best Darrel

Darrel thats as far as he was allowed to PLAY with them... :lol:

and alled12 is spot on...i personally know that governments are in talks with taliban and always are..looking for under the table deals.

Mick

Hi Tulky, How are you keeping??????

Did you actualy get a chance to pull the trigger?????

When are you home???

All the best Darrel

Hi Mate,

i am home next Thursday - will tell you all about it then mate :(:rolleyes:

Archived