Just made a shooting bench :-)

Hi guys

just spent the afternoon making myself a shooting bench for long range vermin/zeroing ect & was wondering wht you guys use to sit on!

im after something foldable & sturdy & also something thats not to bad to sit on

wht do u guys use?

cheers Andy

IMAGE_381.jpg

IMAGE_383.jpg

Guest Scotland Rifles
Hi guys

just spent the afternoon making myself a shooting bench for long range vermin/zeroing ect & was wondering wht you guys use to sit on!

im after something foldable & sturdy & also something thats not to bad to sit on

wht do u guys use?

cheers Andy

IMAGE_381.jpg

IMAGE_383.jpg

very nice Andy

i use the bonnet most times.

but on one shoot the land owner has made me a 100 mtr range, with a 12' high bank as a bullet stop with a shooting position with a very flat area to get down on my belt buckles and do some prone shooting.

bob.

Nice work skany, what fittings did you use for the legs?

Like you i am looking for a good compact seat, at the moment i am using an old office chair without the back but its a bit bulky, however i think i have found a solution, a drummers stool.

They can be had for about £20, they are adjustable for height, the seat comes off, the column and legs fold up, and they swivel as well.

Ian.

thanks guys:-)

I used a off cut of stainless that sleaved over a some galvinesed pipe(legs) welded it to some flat plate & welded a couple of nuts over 2 holes i drilled so i could use 2 - boltds to hold legs on!

its fair solid:-)

sorted the chair

folding chair from argos £11 ideal

cheers Andy

I always used to use a drum for decoying, and it would suit this purpose too. Get down to your local curry house, and ask them for a drum the mango chutney comes in. They are at least 2 foot tall, with a very heavy duty screw on lid you can put a pad on.Obviously you can utilise the drum to store stuff in too.Perfect for this job.

I always used to use a drum for decoying, and it would suit this purpose too. Get down to your local curry house, and ask them for a drum the mango chutney comes in. They are at least 2 foot tall, with a very heavy duty screw on lid you can put a pad on.Obviously you can utilise the drum to store stuff in too.Perfect for this job.

Dont know if i would want my gear smelling of mango chutney :o<_< these containers are notoriously difficult to get 100% scent free!!

Ian.

Dont know if i would want my gear smelling of mango chutney :o<_< these containers are notoriously difficult to get 100% scent free!!

Ian.

quite agree we have used them for phesant feeders and they stink!

Archived