Quite please with myself

Out stalking with a pal 3 weeks ago at our ground on Deeside we spotted a few good bucks. We wanted to harvest one and the plan was for me to do the stalk, spot then watch the deer and then stay back and guide my pal in to the shot. We take turns and it works well for us.

The smaller of a pair of bucks presented a shot and it was taken, about 125 mtr out with a 100gn .243, with the beast going down cleanly, and it turned out to be a cracker!

IMG00038-20100409-1824.jpg

It was a cracking head and we decided to have a go at keeping more than a photo and the antlers. This was only my second attempt but i think i am happy with the results. It now has pride of place in my dining room. I still have a couple of jobs to finish it, a couple of wires in the ears now need clipped off and it needs a tiny bit of paint on the edge of the mouth and eyes.

I guess it is a fine diversion from fixing waders!

IMG00048-20100507-2128-1.jpg

Dave

www.wader-repair.co.uk

quality dave!!!!!!!!!

youll be getting a knock on the door fae me hopefully with summit nice!!!

heheheheheheeeeee

sauer / paul

ooopps done it twice

Mick

Hi Mick

yes, i used lead ear liners, and then also wired them to get them exactly how i wanted them. i should really cut them off now, as it has all set nicely. The ears were easier than i thought. But the lead was heavy and needed support.

Sauer, you bring it and i will stuff it!, but remember to take plenty of shoulder , thoese wee head mounts look bad!

now when are you coming up for that highland stalk i promised you!

D

Archived