Cerakote is on the menu.

Jager SA

At last we are back online...! :wub:

Thought I would share this as ive not posted for a while.

GAP pattern in Cerakote, very simple and effective and what a product it is to work with.

A nice little RPA. :)

RPA1.jpg

OD Green, Desert Sand and Graphite black, any colour goes though of course. :)

New website in the making with all prices etc.

Looks good James, I just love that GAP pattern.

Thanks Elwood, Its a well under rated pattern I think, you can mix and match colours to suit as well. Im with you, I like this pattern. :wub:

I might add that this is a pretty easy pattern to do which makes it cheap.

Thanks Elwood, Its a well under rated pattern I think, you can mix and match colours to suit as well. Im with you, I like this pattern. :D

I might add that this is a pretty easy pattern to do which makes it cheap.

Kal whats turn around time?

Have got a T3 that I want finishing in CADPAT digital.

Full gat, scope, mod, bipod.

http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/00007.php

Kal whats turn around time?

Have got a T3 that I want finishing in CADPAT digital.

Full gat, scope, mod, bipod.

http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/00007.php

Looking at 2 weeks (estimate) until I can get the new guy up to speed then hopefully things will be easier. CADPAT is pretty straight forward a bit fiddly, not as easy as the GAP of course.

Happy with what duracoat is; but what's cerakote?! Why/how's it different? Need a bit of explanation for the uninitiated! :D

Cerakote is a much harder wearing coating than Duracoat, its a Ceramic and comes in many different forms. We are using a few different types now as we are doing coatings for performance bike exhuast, frames and would you believe ceramic wall tiles, as well as the Firearms side.

It is also cheaper to buy than Duracoat which is a good thing because that gets passed on to the end user. So as usual top notch work but now even cheaper...every litle helps! :D

Cerakote is a much harder wearing coating than Duracoat, its a Ceramic and comes in many different forms. We are using a few different types now as we are doing coatings for performance bike exhuast, frames and would you believe ceramic wall tiles, as well as the Firearms side.

It is also cheaper to buy than Duracoat which is a good thing because that gets passed on to the end user. So as usual top notch work but now even cheaper...every litle helps! :D

Thanks; just done some googling too. Would I be right in thinking duracoat needs no baking; but cerakote must be baked?

Reason for asking: Thinking of getting an AW barrel and action done. Not sure I'd want to bake it though - in case the baking is hot enough to break the action/chassis epoxy bond.

Rather go for the cheaper option, but might not be able to! :D

Thanks; just done some googling too. Would I be right in thinking duracoat needs no baking; but cerakote must be baked?

Reason for asking: Thinking of getting an AW barrel and action done. Not sure I'd want to bake it though - in case the baking is hot enough to break the action/chassis epoxy bond.

Rather go for the cheaper option, but might not be able to! :D

I cater for both ambient and oven cure, the epoxy on the AI will not move if its put in the oven, I could tell you why but its a secret...! :D

I am using both products still as there is little between them and both have a place on my shelf.

The cheaper option? Either finish is cheap but no corners are cut, just quality work for a fair days money! :D

Kal, if you can turn around in 2 weeks then you have another job.

Duracoat or Cerakote either way, which every you think is best.

Ive got no chance of getting out on the land this month, but want to be ready for next month.

Can you drop me a PM with contact and postage info.

T3,

Action & Stock.

S&B Scope

Mounts

Mod

Bipond.

Chuck me a price over and Ill get it all in the post tomorrow and give you a bell with a payment.

Kal, if you can turn around in 2 weeks then you have another job.

Duracoat or Cerakote either way, which every you think is best.

Ive got no chance of getting out on the land this month, but want to be ready for next month.

Can you drop me a PM with contact and postage info.

T3,

Action & Stock.

S&B Scope

Mounts

Mod

Bipond.

Chuck me a price over and Ill get it all in the post tomorrow and give you a bell with a payment.

Is it the stock for the camo pattern and single colours for the rest of the metalwork, basically the same as above plus scope?

At last we are back online...! :D

Thought I would share this as ive not posted for a while.

GAP pattern in Cerakote, very simple and effective and what a product it is to work with.

A nice little RPA. :D

RPA1.jpg

OD Green, Desert Sand and Graphite black, any colour goes though of course. :D

New website in the making with all prices etc.

As an example what would the rifle in your picture have cost for barrel, action and stock in this pattern?

Mark

As an example what would the rifle in your picture have cost for barrel, action and stock in this pattern?

Mark

The rifle in the pic was £235, this was for the barrel action, mag and bottom metal, mounts, muzzle brake and moddy in single colour and then the stock in GAP.

Hope this helps.

Is it the stock for the camo pattern and single colours for the rest of the metalwork, basically the same as above plus scope?

Was thinking about having the whole lot done CADPAT mate...........

like this one...

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showt...T-Rifle-Project

but fingers crossed you could colour match the shades a bit better than this guy has.

Was thinking about having the whole lot done CADPAT mate...........

like this one...

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showt...T-Rifle-Project

but fingers crossed you could colour match the shades a bit better than this guy has.

The base coat needs to be a darker deeper shade of green...and deffo not the cad pat colour schemes that are on the duracot site.......urrrgghh..

The rifle in the pic was £235, this was for the barrel action, mag and bottom metal, mounts, muzzle brake and moddy in single colour and then the stock in GAP.

Hope this helps.

Thats real food for thought. Many thanks

Mark

Thats real food for thought. Many thanks

Mark

The single colour barrel action is £60 + vat, the stock in camo (Depending on finish) £110 + vat, the above rifle was a package so it worked out a bit cheaper than just doing individual items.

The more I do the cheaper it is basically. ;)

• 1 year later...

I dont think he is...

its an old thread... that Ive posted on..

to try and find out..

I have rang him & left messages... but no reply

cheers al.

He's around spoke to him only last week

He has moved into a new workshop in Colchester

But he is moving more into motorsport since there is mre money in it than shooting

He's around spoke to him only last week

He has moved into a new workshop in Colchester

But he is moving more into motorsport since there is mre money in it than shooting

have you / anybody got his number???

or I way I can get in touch??

the number I was ringing is now disconected... and cant find any others that work..

cheers Al.

Archived