Had the snip

Following positive feedback from various sources I went ahead and had the Hornet barrel chopped by 6" and re-crowned. I was able to zero the rifle at the time of picking the rifle up earlier today, conditions were absolutely horrendous 40mph crosswind and pi----g down with rain, with target set at 50 yds the 40gr V-MAX were ragged hole grouping.

The gun is so much better balanced and is shooting better than ever. Unfortunately it was to wet to chrono but will do this and advise the results when conditions are better, it will be interesting to see how much velocity has been lost .

Very pleased with the results.

One point of interest, the CZ barrel is advertised as 22" but actually measured 24" from the begining of the breech to the end of the barrel, so i'm a bit confused as to whether I am left with a 16" or 18" barrel. Interesting to hear from other CZ owners on this point. Rgds Gerald.

• 3 weeks later...
Here we measure barrels from breech to muzzle. Glad the cut worked out for you. I'm interested in your velocity results. ~Andrew

Hi Andrew, sorry it's taken so long to get back to you with the velocity results, I'm dependant on my mates Chrono to do the test's, not sure how good a comparison this is as I had run out of the 40gr V-Max which I originally tested at around 300fps so had to use the 40gr Noseler BT loaded with exactly the same powder measure 13gr Lilgun. Anyhow they produced a high of 2937fps and a low of 2899fps which I thought was pretty impressive. Will test the V-Max when I have re loaded some more. Very impressed with the Noseler 40 gr BT had a double on the Fox'es recently with these and they were'nt going anywhere. Also looking forward to trying the Sierra 40 Gr Blitzkings which Nicoliath and others speak highly of. Rgds Gerald

• 2 weeks later...

Archived