Camera for Safari

Millwall Paul

I thought it still was.

Still on the subject of sd cards Samsung and other makers have brought out cards that they say are considerably more resistant to X-rays and Electromagnetic fields, I wonder why they have done that?

Redfox

I thought it still was.

No. You began flinging insults. I have PM'd you to remind you what you posted.

Acknowledge the error and behave like a grown up.

'Manners' on this forum are not a matter for debate :unsure:

excuse me butting in on the thread but have any of you had experience of using a 'gizmo' to attach a DSLR to a spotter scope? Was wondering if this was a more cost effective (and lighter) way of getting really long range shots than going for 400mm+ lenses? Cos sometimes I just cant get close enough for the shot I want :unsure:

I have seen the results through a Swaro spotter and a digiscoping attachment - they were pretty good, but a lttle "flat" when printed.

This may be down to the lens, the camera or the printer / computer.

There are a few articles on the merits / downfalls of digiscoping on the web.

I am only a keen amateur and havent a good enough spotter to justify the attachment, however, if it were me (and I havent a 400mm lens for my camera as it would cost several ££££'s) I would consider a 2x converter and sacrifice an f stop or two.

I would think (but have no scientific justification) that camera lens quality may be better than spotting scope lens quailty??

Alternative - high mp camera and cropping enlargment of the area you want to print / produce??

This works for me with a 12mp nikon DSLR and a 80 -200 f2.8 lens.

There is a programe that works in acompinment to Photoshop called Genuine Fractals - you can produce massive enlargements with little loss in quality .....

Just suggestions.

:wacko:

brown dog.

Getting back to the original topic I see that the new Lumix FZ38 can be purchased for as little as £236 now.

Noooooo! :wacko:

Having got one yourself would you agree that it may be eminently suitable for Millwall Pauls purpose ?

Yes. :unsure:

Thanks Ronin I was interested as I love taking pictures of birds of prey, but they are not always easy to get close to and tend to be moving quite fast - nothing like a challenge :wacko:

Im no great shakes with the camera but my father in law is and he lent me his 400mm, which on my canon 450D made a huge difference, but would cost me a lot of money to copy. So started looking at alternatives and since said father in law has a V. nice Swaro spotter scope (which he says is getting too heavy to carry) I wondered if this was an alternative. Also he is getting older he doesnt realy want to carry both spotter scope and big lense for camera when he goes bird watching.

Having seen that Swaro now do a digital camera adaptor, I wondered if it was a better option than a multiplier, which I have heard quite a lot against.

I know that you can do all sorts these days with softwear but the better the picture you start out with the better the end result. :unsure:

The inbuilt Leica 18X lense on the Lumix equals 28-504mm on a 35mm camera.

Few people need more than this.

Anyone interested should flash this up on Google.

I have an Optolyth 30X75mm spotting scope but would not think of putting it on a camera when better and cheaper alternatives are available.

HWH.

Archived