blew the cobwebs out of the ackley

foxshot

picture100mf.jpg

Well finaly got out to do some lamping after a while away from the rifle.night started off looking very bad as the mist was real bad on the first bit of moorland we were at ,So off we went to the next area a little p****d off luckily this area was clear , first fox crossed the road infront of us and sat in some rough about 100 yds away showing its head only first fox of the night down,that one no sooner hit the deck and another showed this presented a perfect broad side shot fox two in the bag turned out to be a dog and a vixen that was me satisfied so now it was down to my mate to have a go,the next fox however was a bit more weary but again the 50 gr put pay to its night,the next bit was a bit more testing in that it drops down into a valley and the lane was thick with ice we knew if we went down and made it in one piece we wouldnt get back up we did have a real struggle geting turned around and at one point got boged down,every thing was quiet for a while then number four came running into the call at a satisfying pace crosshairs tracking it as it came in then it stoped and off went the 50gr and put out its lights for good,so a satisfying return to lamping was had

What kit are you using ? you didn't say in your post

ATB

Alan

My rifle is a 223 ackley ,Mcmillan A5 stock ,Nightforce 4- 42x50 BR scope, AR T4 Moderator built by Russ Gall

My mates rifle is a winchester stealth also in 223

Good to have you back Foxshot!! :D:wacko:

And a very nice start back too , by the looks of it!!! :blush::blink:

Hope you are keeping well me dear???

All the best...............

RAY....................

Archived