Hammer shotguns

wabbitbosher

Hi all , i'm into my Hammerguns

I'll pop some pictures up when it lets me

I LOVE EM !!

What you got ?

Whats your thoughts ?

Wabbit

My Cogswell & Harrison 16 bore MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Sweet as !!

coggy1.JPG

Coggy2.JPG

coggy3.JPG

coggy6.JPG

Did you get the emails mate?

Ian.

Yeeeeeee haaaaaaaa that works Chap

Many thanks !!

I used a different image host but Hey !! it still worked

Thanks for your help

Wb

I have a Ward&Sons SBS hammer gun.

I picked it up for very little, from a work mates father in law. It was a bit of an impulse buy because he was going to get it destroyed otherwise. He maintained he used to shoot it, but i was not too sure.

The bores not in the best of nick and tbh i have never fired it. I should really get it checked out to see if its safe.

It could probably do with a bit of refurbishment to the hammers, but the woodwork is really nice.

http://john7692.fotopic.net/c1801623.html

regards

jma

I dont have any but cut my shooting teeth on them 45 years ago. A Harrington & Richardson 30" full choke single, nothing under 55yards was safe but it is the most vicously recoiling weapon I have ever used. The top lever used to cut teh inside of my thumb open but what power, I had 11 pigeons with it one day with one shot, lined them up down the field and let drive, 2 more hard hit flew off. My brothers own it now, you still need to take a 6 inch nail to drop down the barrel to get a fired case out. One of my brothers had a fox with it last year on their lawn nicking the cat food.

A Midland Gun Co 30" double was my dads gun I used a bit, both full as well. he swopped that for an AYA Yeoman that I still have when he got into a bit of driven stuff.

A

I had a Krupp 16 Bore Hammer bun it was great fun but I wasn't using it enough so got rid. I took it for 50 sporting clays and I was only 3 or 4 behind what I get with my trusty over and Under.

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

Dave

Ahhhh The Krupp , i remember it well !

Wabbit

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have a Beretta Hammer 12 bore side by side. It looked beautiful but it was a cruel mistress.

The recoil was so painfull you'd wish a bird wouldn't appear and the trigger guard would cut my forefinger if i didn't wear gloves..

I've never been much of a shotgun hunter and it never occured to me that the design was never really meant to handle 32 gram carts.... :)

I've never been much of a shotgun hunter and it never occured to me that the design was never really meant to handle 32 gram carts.... :)

I have an AYA number 2 that I use occasionally, 28gr Eley Impax is enough cartridge in it, 30gr GP is uncomfortable and 30gr Gamebore bloody painfull.

Mate of mine has been using a 627EELL Beretta SBS most of the season, his normal cartridges are Gamebore Black Gold 32grs, bet they hurts !! but he does not miss much with it though.

A

Archived