rifle stocks

dannyt

I found a good source for custom laminate gun stocks, Parmoor gunstocks. good prices and nice work (£250.00-£350.00) price inlet too . Nice fella nice stocks :D

I will put up some pics soon as i can

Danny

Is this the guy in Hull Marv ?

A customer came in with an unfinished one a while back from him, and said he had made it . I would have bet a weeks wages it was a microfit.Think the last one i had from them was $120.

If it is the guy in Hull, I've spoken with him, helpful chap. Yes, he has some deal with Richards Microfit whereby he acts as agent and/or makes his own on CNC machines to their patterns, or something - I forget the exact details. I appreciate 17's point about dealing direct and I'm sure we'd all prefer to do that, but Richards do have a reputation here and in the US for very, very slow delivery... I like the look of some of their stocks very much and would consider using the "guy in Hull" who also offers inletting, bedding etc.

TonyH

I met 'the guy from hull' last week and he was very helpful. I am left handed and looking for a l/h stock for a rifle I intend having built in the new year. I handled two l/h guns that he had stocked for a friend and both were very comfortable. One was a dual grip thumbhole sporter with a std width forearm and the second similar but with a wider forearm of 2 1/4". I prefered the second one as it felt better but was heavier so horses for courses. Both were bedded and looked to be a reasonable job but the stocks come unfinished as std and you can buy a finishing kit from him or he will do it for you. The rifle I intend building will be for longer range so if I use one it will be the thumbhole target with a 2 1/2" forearm. Delivery time at the moment is 14 weeks.

I would stick with Microfit myself. If you are looking for a stock, then generally for the correct one, most are willing to wait a period of time for it.

A bit of waiting time and perhaps $120-$150

Less wait and pay £250 - £350

Its a no brainer to me

I spoke to the guy in question today and he is based in Leeds. It seems that he is making the stocks himself and was willing for me to go see what he does. Looks like different bloke, different M.O.

We'll see what gives when I go and see the chap as I want him to copy an existing stock for me and its not a simple one.

Regards

G

Archived