Recommend me a mod cover

I'm after something like a neoprene moderator cover in black for my ASE S5. I've heard that some covers are massive, so a nice discrete one which does the job at a reasonable price is required.

Any recommendations??

Cheers,

Oly.

I put a mod cover on the T8 because it makes that noticable clinking noise on firing,it scratches easily & makes a tinny noise when going through undergrowth.

The S5 doesn't seem to be affected by these things, and mine has dulled down well.

I read a post on the bbs where a fellow had sprayed his black with heavy duty exhaust paint.

I've not come across a cover I'm afraid.

Cheers mate, your right - the S5 doesn't suffer the same problems as the T8, and I have already sprayed mine black, but as per all mods it still gives off a heat haze on the range...so the search unfortunatly continues...

• 2 weeks later...
Cheers mate, your right - the S5 doesn't suffer the same problems as the T8, and I have already sprayed mine black, but as per all mods it still gives off a heat haze on the range...so the search unfortunatly continues...

Hi Oly, if you give Peter Jackson (Jackson rifles) a ring he has the Ase Utra mod covers made by Ase Utra, I have two for my S5's and the work really well. Made with Nomex, they keep the heat haze down under normal firing contitions and add a little protection to the mod.

Cost is very good, around £25.00.

Regards

Rob

Bushwear make covers for the T8s. Not sure about other makes.

There is a guy on the BBS with a user name of William. He makes neoprene mod covers to measure. He is a good guy to deal with and will probably be your best bet if you are having trouble sourcing one for a particular make of moderator.

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

Foxshooter - Many thanks for the information. I contacted William on BBS and now have a lovely black neoprene new mod cover, made to measure, posted for less than £5 - very polite, very prompt and an all round nice guy to deal with. Highly recommended - not sure if the site admin want to pin this info?

Thanks again!

Oly

Might be worth modifying that addy from @ to AT so poor old william doesnt get spammed to hell!

Hopefully he will get some good business from this though. He is very good and keenly priced.

MArk

Personally, I would use something like this:

http://www.polimil.co.uk/acatalog/Cloth_Sn...from__5.95.html

Inexpensive, bland colours and you lose the tinny ring too.

Archived