sako/tikka stocks

thinking of restocking my rifles a 223 tikka 595 and a sako finlight 6.5x55. Ive noticed that theres loads of choice for remy's but very limited for the sako/tikka anyone got any recomendations dont want a mcmillan sporter style would pref a tactical style or thumbhole.

tom

Jackson rifles do a very nice tactical stock for the tikka,s TT. its similar to an a5, and has an adjustable cheekpiece, and is not too heavy. Far better finished than a mcmillan too. Here,s a link to one on their site.

http://www.jacksonrifles.com/images/Stocks/R-8b19-04.jpg

That's a Robertson stock- unfortunately, Robertson do not inlet for the Tikka 595. I phoned them with that very question less than 2 weeks ago. Last week, McMillan told me they cannot make any stock with an adjustable comb which is suitable for the Tikka 595. Kind of knackered, aren't we?

Marv, i built a rifle for snap shot on here which was a 595. I ordered, and used an a5 with the saddle cheekpiece. It was a right bolt right port gun, but snap is left handed, so we had the adjusters put on the right side. This was only 6 months ago. Dont know why they have stopped ?

Here,s the gun.

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?s...amp;#entry60808

i got mc millian to make me An A5, And as dave says not long ago...

give there head of production an e-mail, i can't remember for the life of me his name, but if i find his e-mail addy ill pm you with it...

The only choice they would give me though was for the saddle cheek piece...

they also said they could inlet for the A2 also.....

Atb.

Snap.

Snap just had a look at your rifle mate, AWESOME mate thats what i want to end up with :)

hows it shooting now

i have no problems shooting 87g v-max into 1/4 inch and below when i'm on form.... never had much time to do much load development due to weather and work issues...

i also use it for stalking and have no issues with the little extra weight, as its main purpose is a foxing gun...

the rain has hampered this years plans big time,

And i love the stock to pieces very comfortable to shoot,

Snap.

i got mc millian to make me An A5, And as dave says not long ago...

give there head of production an e-mail, i can't remember for the life of me his name, but if i find his e-mail addy ill pm you with it...

The only choice they would give me though was for the saddle cheek piece...

they also said they could inlet for the A2 also.....

Atb.

Snap.

Dick Davis, is the man to talk too.

Dickd@mcmillanusa.com

Archived