tikka M695 6.5x55se

Hi all, I have been offered a Tikka M695 6.5x55 se with an over barrel moderator and simmonds 3.8-12x44 scope, but i have to offer a price on it. it is in good condition and has only been used for field work so has not been over shot. I am not that interested in the scope but i think i need the mounts (?)as they may be expensive and only used on a tikka (?).I have only had rimmys before and want to use it on deer and the odd charlie and can have a .243 on loan on my ticket. Most stalks in my area will not allow .243 as they say it is not hard hitting enough but i don`t want too big a calibre that i am not legal to slot a fox if i happen on one while out.Has anyone any idea if this rifle is suitable to upgrade as i can afford it and what to bid on it. thanks, Kev :lol:

That model has a reputation as a good solid bit of kit. Caliber should be good for most if not all UK deer but I know that some Scotish estates get a bit twichy on smaller calibers as you say. If they are happy with the caliber and the rifle shoots OK, say one inch or so off a bipod at 100 yards then it sounds OK to me. It's probably not up to boar though.

A

They use it for Moose in Scandanavia so it will be OK for all UK Deer I am sure, as always shot placement is more important than caliber. SH value I would say £700 or so if you are including the scope which you can sell on if you don't want it.

The 695 is a very nice rifle. A friend of mine has one (also in 6.5x55) and I really like it. I'd say that for the rifle, scope and mod £700 would be reasonable if the barrel is good. The 6.5x55 does offer good performance for Deer when compared to the .243. The power isn't much greater but it fires a much heavier bullet.

If you're going for Fox too then it would be a good choice. That or a .260 Remington (which will handle the lighter 6.5 bullets better than the Swede). If you just want a one bullet for Fox and Deer rifle the Swede will do a great job with a 120grn Barnes TSX or Nosler BT.

Discount the scope.

A 695 and moderator would have to absolutely mint to warrant £700.

£500 would be nearer the mark. Thats probarbly all, if only a little less than it was new. Its not a popular action or bolt face for rebarrelling either. It is however, an excellent rifle. Better than the current t3, or the sako.

I had in a private sale Rifle at £500, Mod £100, Rings £35, Scope £65.

I have recently bought a Sako 75 D/L in 6.5 x 55 but during my hunt found two M695's in the same calibre and they were both £695 bare and they both appear to have sold as they are no longer listed on their respective websites.

I just returned from a hunt in South Dakota where my son and I used a Winchester Model 70, 6.5x55. We got two 120 pound whitetail does with two shots. The load was a 129 grain Hornady Interlock and IMR 4350. One was shot at 75 yards, the second at 200 yards. The cartridge worked splendidly.~Andrew

With the older model tikkas, they seem to cost a bit, I know they were only £600 for the standard model when they were sold ten years ago, but my .308 595 came from York guns, & as a rough break down, at £90ish for optilocks, & £150ish for the scope, I'd say the s/h rifle was priced at about £500 maybe I was stiffed, or maybe these rifles hold their value. Certainly when you look at the build quality of the T3 & the recent price hike on them, this could explain the s/h 595/695's being a touch expensive.

Shoot me down in flames if you want boys, but I couldn't stretch to a sako, and the older model tikka is a bit closer to sako than the new one,not least for the calibre specific action length & a nicer stock.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived