New Rifle from SYSS

jma

I did a bit of load dev prior to christmas,

post-9760-1262307429_thumb.jpg

Vit N140 + Lapua Scenars155s 43gr,43.5gr and 44grs Lapua brass and cci standard primers @ 100yrd

I am struggling a tad with the trigger as can be seen fron the 2 pulls in the two groups, one left and one right two shots in both. I guess i am still getting used to the rifle, the following 3 shots in both groups speak for themselves.

The last target with 1 shot in it was showing definate pressure signs, so i abandoned the remaining four rounds in that string.

I would definately benifit from an aftermarket trigger but am going to persevere for now, i am thinking about the pull prior to the shot which is never good.

Early days but happy so far.

regards

jma

No stiff bolt lift but cratering on the std primer ?

If so, you should try some cci br2,s [benchrest primers] they have a thicker cup, and will enable more powder to be used. My, and a lot of friends experience with this combo shows it likes to be run hard....thats where the accuracy comes in. If you cant get up there with 140, and are hitting the pressure wall prematurely, then switch to vhit 540, it will up the velocity, and lower the pressure.

Happy new year Dave,

If you remember when you fitted the 20moa rail for me, the shop was heaving so i did not pick up the br primers.

As you say it was cratering of the primer, with no stiff bolt lift. I should hopefully be able to get up to you to pick some br primers up the week after next. I was kicking myself for not waiting to get the primers, but i was in a bit of a hurry that day.

I will see what happens with the br primers, i do think that will solve the issue tbh. If it does not then i will go the N540 route.

As an aside do you know if Roger looked into ordering some of the low 34mm scope mounts because i forgot to phone him?

regards

jma

He,s probarbly put the importation of those mounts direct, on the back burner at the moment, due to a large order going to manners.

TPS will deal with you direct. They dont unfortunatly supply brownells with low ones...only medium and high for some strange reason.

BR primers will sort the cratering.

He,s probarbly put the importation of those mounts direct, on the back burner at the moment, due to a large order going to manners.

TPS will deal with you direct. They dont unfortunatly supply brownells with low ones...only medium and high for some strange reason.

BR primers will sort the cratering.

Ok,

Thanks for that matey.

See you soon.

regards

jma

Archived