help/mentor needed

Any guys here from the northwest area,that do deer stalking ? im looking at giving it a try.been out once with wayne from northwest customs.

what it is ,is i need a local mentor who can take me out and show me the ropes,i will be doing the relevent courses when i can also.

also while im here,where do i stand with in the law,and using someone else rifle to shoot deer while being mentored ? as cheshire wont allow me to have my own deer legal rifle,yet.as need to show them i have done some stalking first.

like i say im new to this so

any help guys would be appreciated.

Mick

Any guys here from the northwest area,that do deer stalking ? im looking at giving it a try.been out once with wayne from northwest customs.

what it is ,is i need a local mentor who can take me out and show me the ropes,i will be doing the relevent courses when i can also.

also while im here,where do i stand with in the law,and using someone else rifle to shoot deer while being mentored ? as cheshire wont allow me to have my own deer legal rifle,yet.as need to show them i have done some stalking first.

like i say im new to this so

any help guys would be appreciated.

Mick

Hi Mick,

I haven't forgot the manual, can't get the binder off without wrecking it, pm your address and I will send it as it is, you can send it back when your done.

Cheers

Neil

• 1 month later...
Hi Mick

Where in Cheshire are you I could be interested but would have to know something about you first ( I have only just joined this site.)

From warrington mate when im here that is.what would you like to know ? rather than chat here as i cant send you any PMs as your new my email is ...........mickyfinn34@hotmail.com

speak soon

Mick

Mick

I can put you in touch with a chap who takes out paying guests on an estate we manage the deer on.

There are Red, Roe and some Fallow on the ground, however, it may not suit a novice stalker (no disrespect meant)

If you want details, i'll PM them to you and perhaps make contact and discuss with him wether it will assist you.

Alternatively, I another contact who has quite a bit of stalking - he mentors folk, again it would be bettween you and he to sort out.

If you are a BDS member and have DSC Level 1, (if not I suggest you work towards getting this anyway), I have access to land I manage as part of a DMG where I can take you.

I have to say that I am pretty tied up with my own management at the moment at the first place.

Mick

I can put you in touch with a chap who takes out paying guests on an estate we manage the deer on.

There are Red, Roe and some Fallow on the ground, however, it may not suit a novice stalker (no disrespect meant)

If you want details, i'll PM them to you and perhaps make contact and discuss with him wether it will assist you.

Alternatively, I another contact who has quite a bit of stalking - he mentors folk, again it would be bettween you and he to sort out.

If you are a BDS member and have DSC Level 1, (if not I suggest you work towards getting this anyway), I have access to land I manage as part of a DMG where I can take you.

I have to say that I am pretty tied up with my own management at the moment at the first place.

Many thanks for the help ronin.im pretty much tied up myself at mo so the stalking has been left on the shelf for a while as for DSC 1 yes was going to go in for that aswell

Regards

Mick

• 3 weeks later...

Archived