Ive used a Palm Tungsten for seven or eight years without issues.

You have to bear in kind cold and wet = electrickery, do not mix.

If you havent bought XB, then you need to decide on the handheld devive before purchase - (you buy either Palm OS or Windows mobile versions of the program)

I went with Palm, works for me, although I also use Knights Bulletflight on Iphone, if you have a windows based mobile phone you can run XB on this butyou need to check with Perry Systems (XB designers) that it is compatible.

Ive used a Palm Tungsten for seven or eight years without issues.

You have to bear in kind cold and wet = electrickery, do not mix.

If you havent bought XB, then you need to decide on the handheld devive before purchase - (you buy either Palm OS or Windows mobile versions of the program)

I went with Palm, works for me, although I also use Knights Bulletflight on Iphone, if you have a windows based mobile phone you can run XB on this butyou need to check with Perry Systems (XB designers) that it is compatible.

Hi Ronin,

Thanks for the reply,

How good are the iphone apps,I am maybe getting a ipod touch so if the apps work well they may be the best value option.

I've had a look at the Knight Bulletflight and the ballistic field app do you know if one offers more than the other?

They do seem to offer all the things I'm looking for,at the moment I'm using drop charts made with Exbal that I have on my decktop PC

but I would like something more accurate for field use.My max range would be about 800yds.

Thanks

BB

I have used Exbal for a long time - it offers me home solutions on the PC and field solutions using a PDA.

However it meant for me anyway carrying a phone and PDA (as my phone then didnt allow add on programmes)

I changed to an I-Phone earlier in the year and was told of the Knights Bulletflight programe by a mate who already used it - its cheap enough (£17)

The programme offers everything that Exbal has plus a "grab" feature for local atmospherics and a few other add ons that Exbal hasn't.

Its very useful to use in two formats - simple (using screen "wheels" to alter distance, wind and direction, or complex with all variable to input)

One thing I dont like about the KB prog is it does not remember scope graduations if you swap bettween calibres (if you have mutiple calibres and different scope ajustments then you have to swap over bettween CM, MIL, IPHY , MOA in the options when you choose the calibre you want).

Both offer accurate solutions - PROVIDED the base data is correct.

One other thing to consider is battery life - the IPhone is pretty pants and needs charging every day....

You may want to consider a new non battery dependant solution.

Brown Dog on here is making range data cards ive used a set for my 338 for some time and found them just as accurate and as easy to use s the electronic programmes.

You only get one card and need to have data taken accurately (zero range, velocity, altitude, humididty, incline etc etc) for him to make a card for your particular calibre - but they work in rain, shine, hot, cold and do not require batteries........

Worth considering.

Archived